• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I can't put my finger on it, but I just lost interest several years ago. A big part of it was cars were required to all have the same body meaning that being a fan of a brand didn't mean anything. Another big part of it, for me personally, was when half the season was put on pay TV only, and I don't pay for TV.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It lost its appeal to me when all the pretty boys started showing up in tube frame race cars. After that the popularity went thru the roof and I lost interest. I'll still occasionally watch a race and have been to the Brickyard a couple of times but with the initiation of the mini-races during the race I've given up on it completely.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    NAPCAR has become a Spec. series basically. The stands prove out my point. There is a lot of aluminum showing during the race. A lot.
    When Richmond and Martinsville do not sell out is a great indicator that those in charge have ruined the series.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Chevrolet, Ford, Buick, Mercury, Oldsmobile, Dodge, Plymouth, Pontiac...those were the days.

I remember getting my Richard Petty Hot Wheel and being pretty darned happy....I liked it back then but then I realized I have a very short attention span so I started watching thoroughbreds race.....Then I switched to quarter horse races....

Now I drop two coins from waist level and yell, "C'mon!!!! What's taking so long!!!!!"

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...There is a lot of aluminum showing during the race. A lot. When Richmond and Martinsville do not sell out is a great indicator that those in charge have ruined the series.

And the camera men even gave up trying to hide it.

When you have half empty venues and now the driver half of those fans showed up for is gone, what's your next move?

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I think he was an overrated driver anyway. He was good, but not great like his fans think. As far as breaking the race up into different segments goes, I actually like it. I thought it was a terrible idea at first but it definitely makes for better racing during the entire race.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    NASCAR=Cars that are not manufactured (2 door Camry) with Engines you & I can't buy. When they got away from requiring Rear Clip, C Pillar and Factory Roof it started going Downhill. It's turned into a bunch of Wonder Kids behind the wheel. I long for the days of the Allison's, D.W., Rusty, Rickey Rudd, Dale Sr. Etc.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When the sport loses it top three drivers in three years ( Gordon, Stewart, Jr. ) and no one to step up to replace them, they will take a hit for sure. You will not keep fans in the seats with only Jimmie Johnson and field filler.

[video=youtube;Qy9_lfjQopU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU[/video]

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    NASCAR=Cars that are not manufactured (2 door Camry) with Engines you & I can't buy. When they got away from requiring Rear Clip, C Pillar and Factory Roof it started going Downhill. It's turned into a bunch of Wonder Kids behind the wheel. I long for the days of the Allison's, D.W., Rusty, Rickey Rudd, Dale Sr. Etc.

:patriot::crying:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    NAPCAR has become a Spec. series basically. The stands prove out my point. There is a lot of aluminum showing during the race. A lot.
    When Richmond and Martinsville do not sell out is a great indicator that those in charge have ruined the series.
    Yep. I went to Bristol many times when the only way to get a ticket was to know someone who wasn't going or a death in the family opened up a seat.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yep. I went to Bristol many times when the only way to get a ticket was to know someone who wasn't going or a death in the family opened up a seat.

Now they can't even sell it out. Turned it into a two groove track where anybody can make a pass without touching anybody else. Snoozefest.
    You can't even catch a decent buzz playing the, "beer per caution flag" game.:alcoholic:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Dale Darrell Waltrip Richard Petty Rusty Awesome Bill Irvin Gordon Earndhart Smith Johnson Jr. (Tim Wilson song.) Ah the good ole days.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pretty much all racing is good, but some types are better than others. Never been a fan of any spec series. I would pretty much rather watch a local late model race ( NO not the crap speedrome calls late models). But since we got into drag racing several years ago, I really dig heads up outlaw racing with some basic rules and pretty much run whatchya brung...and hope you brung enough. Anyone thinks darg racing is boring do yourself a favor and look up some videos of X275 or radial vs the world

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pretty much all racing is good, but some types are better than others. Never been a fan of any spec series. I would pretty much rather watch a local late model race ( NO not the crap speedrome calls late models). But since we got into drag racing several years ago, I really dig heads up outlaw racing with some basic rules and pretty much run whatchya brung...and hope you brung enough. Anyone thinks darg racing is boring do yourself a favor and look up some videos of X275 or radial vs the world

And anybody that thinks it is easy is mistaken.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Indy car has always been my main thing race wise. It used to be the month of may. First the snake pit was shut down then TONY happened and 1996 happened and the month was never the same. The racing can still be good and I still attend the race every few years either taking my father or a local youngster who has never been. I want the galdiator racing back. Still remember Gordon smiley's helmet rolling down the back straightway in 1982. Other than indy500 being a Memorial Day must do the rest of the season and the series is dying a slow death. Bring back the snake pit. Bring back the run what you have. Bring back the fans.

nASCAR racing was never as fun to watch outside of Bristol night race Daytona tally and in later years Texas. I do believe NASCAR an recover well. We have a few south of the rio grande racers. Get rid of the pretty boys which started when Jeff Gordon started and bring in the tattoo'ed boys from the local Saturday night events. Bring sponsorship from beer bourbon cigarettes playboy mag condom makers and then software makers oil companies and top companies will follow. Dump Jeff dump kasey dump jr. Bring back someone who smokes on in car while on yellow flag etc.

Top Bottom