• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Wow... I wish this was more shocking. The crazy thing is that there were 3 people that didn't stop and say "hey this probably isn't a good idea."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They treated it like a toy. It was pretty apparent from the initial reaction they didn't realize how much damage a pellet would do. I believe they expected a sting and an "ow" and not a bloody mess.

On a side note, this is now proof that a .22 air rifle is a sufficient self defense gun. She stopped holding the cigarette, so that's a one stop shot. Also nobody has volunteered to be shot with one.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    They treated it like a toy. It was pretty apparent from the initial reaction they didn't realize how much damage a pellet would do. I believe they expected a sting and an "ow" and not a bloody mess.

On a side note, this is now proof that a .22 air rifle is a sufficient self defense gun. She stopped holding the cigarette, so that's a one stop shot. Also nobody has volunteered to be shot with one.

I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, especially given your line of work, but today's more powerful air rifles are a far cry from the Red Rider of our childhood.
    My .177 Gamo sends lead pellets out at 800+ FPS depending on weight, while my .22 Gamo sends them out at over 650 FPS.
    That's a far cry from what even a .22 short will do, but it's plenty to do major damage and even penetrate the brain pan.
    The much more powerful pre-charged guns can send both .177 and .22 pellets out at well beyond 1200 FPS, although knowledgeable air-gunners tune their guns to go just a bit below supersonic to prevent destabilization of the pellet from making the transition back to subsonic.

Top Bottom