Do you believe in other life in the Universe?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Pretty vast place out beyond lunar orbit. It would be odd to think we were alone in all of this.

Agreed. It's a big ass sky out there and the universe is how many billions years old?

It would be strange to think that something else isn't out there in some form or another

Yes and I think some are disguised as human beings and walking the streets of our cities.

1988They_Live_poster300.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Get a life.

Quality post. Now go sit in the corner and think about how your cognitive dissonance allows you to demand evidence for something that is entirely plausible, while you swallow ancient stories of talking snakes and magic without a hint of suspicion.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Quality post. Now go sit in the corner and think about how your cognitive dissonance allows you to demand evidence for something that is entirely plausible, while you swallow ancient stories of talking snakes and magic without a hint of suspicion.

[h=3]Are you sure you want to add Route 45 to your ignore list?[/h]
    Go get your entertainment elsewhere.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With the Hubble Space Telescope finding several billion galaxies, and not yet anywhere near mapping the whole sky, and several billion stars in each galaxy, to think we are the only planet in existence that has life on it shows too much of an ego problem. ;)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think so, didn't they just recently update their estimate for number of galaxies by an order of magnitude?
    With that many stars I'd think the odds are pretty good, of course the flip side to that is the odds of us finding each other are slim

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think so, didn't they just recently update their estimate for number of galaxies by an order of magnitude?
    With that many stars I'd think the odds are pretty good, of course the flip side to that is the odds of us finding each other are slim

Or... they may have just upped the galaxies count to make the odds seem better than they were. ;)

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    To quote a young Ellie Arroway's dad Ted from the movie Contact (from the book of the same name written by Carl Sagan) "I don't know, Sparks. But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space."

I believe there is other life in the universe. Maybe as close as in our own solar system on Titan. Apply Drake's equation and perhaps there are millions of places that harbor life in just our universe.

Top Bottom