• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I just got in from looking at a few roofing & siding jobs. Man, some folks in Danville got walloped. Looked at a customers home North of town that the guy had siding torn away, windows busted, roof destroyed, vehicles totaled. Another guy had over a foot of leaves in his swimming pool, vents smashed, cars wrecked.....gonna be a busy few days for us.

AllenM gonna be a busy man as well, better get the paintless dent repair guy ready.

Looks like Pittsboro got hammered as well. I heard Fillmore had big hail. Any of you guys get big hail, if so.....where about you located?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    As of right now, it's beautiful here. Been on motorcycle most of the evening. Looks like a real doozy on it's way though.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Skipped by Noblesville to the West. Got just some 30+ mph winds and a few drops. Got some short video of the weird clouds though. They were moving in every direction.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not a drop of rain in fountain square, looks like the worst is still to come though.
    Dirty hipster. :):
    Nothing in redneckville (Camby) either. But I was listening to a HAM heading up 31 south of Kokomo and he came across a 5th wheel on its side, shredded leaves everywhere, and smallish items like trash cans scattered everywhere. He said he could see emergency vehicle lights across the fields on the county roads as well so something was up.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    If anything happened in Avon I slept through it and didnt hear a thing. We'ii see when the sun comes up.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Tornado sirens were going off in Martinsville around 6:30 yesterday evening. We were watching the news and the storms were clearly moving northeast away from us. It never even rained. Left me wondering why the sirens were going off. We did get rain overnight, but thankfully the bad stuff missed us.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    We didn't get much bad weather right in town either, a little hail....but man, half a mile North of us they just got nailed. I have a buddy who races Sprint cars who said he was as scared as he had ever been, which says something considering he is use to strapping into 1000 HP cars. The hail was so big and wind so strong that he went off the road and into a ditch. Said he thought he was in a tornado. I never even heard a siren go off here in town.

Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    Almost nothing out here on the east side. Last two storm systems have bypassed us. I'm glad though, 3 or 4 years ago, my roof got hailed in both the spring and fall, the fall storm required the entire roof be replaced. As a result of two storms the insurance company I had at the time, Travellers, dropped me. Like the storms were my fault.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Almost nothing out here on the east side. Last two storm systems have bypassed us. I'm glad though, 3 or 4 years ago, my roof got hailed in both the spring and fall, the fall storm required the entire roof be replaced. As a result of two storms the insurance company I had at the time, Travellers, dropped me. Like the storms were my fault.
    Well, yes of course! Don't you know all the bad weather is our fault because...Global Climate Change.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If anything happened in Avon I slept through it and didnt hear a thing. We'ii see when the sun comes up.

Yep, Avon where I was , generally quiet except the big dark cloud that passed over last evening. Was glad as I had some painting work going on at the house.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Dirty hipster. :):
    Nothing in redneckville (Camby) either. But I was listening to a HAM heading up 31 south of Kokomo and he came across a 5th wheel on its side, shredded leaves everywhere, and smallish items like trash cans scattered everywhere. He said he could see emergency vehicle lights across the fields on the county roads as well so something was up.

Hah when deciding where to live I was torn between dirty hipster millennial stereotype and the parents basement millennial stereotype...

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, yes of course! Don't you know all the bad weather is our fault because...Global Climate Change.

No no no, the giant head in the sky controls the weather, Duh

[video=youtube;FzQbJAKVmt0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQbJAKVmt0[/video]
    [video=youtube;m6i94KLhKS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6i94KLhKS4[/video]

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    As we were coming back home from Pittsboro last evening just as the storm was coming through, we were pelted with hail, and it was frightening. The sky was black and green, and it was all my wife could do to keep the car on the road. We were being pushed sideways, and it looked as though the clouds were down on the pavement trying to swallow up vehicles. We finally got out of it as we got close to the west side of Clermont. That was as bad a situation as I can ever remember being in, in a storm.

Top Bottom