• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Marion Granville Riggs, my grandfather, passed along to our Father in Heaven last night at age 93.
    (He lied to the Navy about his age so he could go fight the Nazis; he was not sure of his exact age when he bravely entered WWII, without a permission slip ��. He may be 92.

This man, who helped storm the beaches of Normandy, commanding a crew of gunners upon his LST at a trivial age of 17 before any one of us could understand the concept of war, sorrow or loss, created a man as great as as my dad and taught he and subsequently me, valuable life lessons that made me who I am today, is a Hero. His passing was not a loss. It was a win. His life and ventures were an extremely valuable story that came to a beginning today. The end is a long ways out. I pray I can be as strong and as brave as he. Thank you all for your prayers. He will be laying golden bricks down, per his trade, with love and anticipation of those he left behind. Thank you, Marion Riggs for all you did for our country and for our family.

E72C5F08-1F0E-460B-82B9-8B4C88B83003_zpscbrvbmgg.jpg

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    George S. Patton is quoted as saying about Americans killed in service during WWII:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

but it sure is a lot easier to accomplish the second than the first.

Blessings to your whole family.

Top Bottom