• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have been working on a fun little project that I thought some of you might find interesting. It's a crossbow made from some wood scraps and a little pvc. I found the idea from a guy named backyard bowyer on YouTube. It actually works really well and is a blast to shoot. No doubt in my mind that this would kill small game and you can build this for about $5 or less.

IMG_0561.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I see those on a site called Instructables. :) Thought about trying to make one myself. Great way to kinda modernize historic engineering, too.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A friend of mine has been trying to get me to build a PVC recurve for a while. I made need to. Both my girls and youngest son are getting into archery.

Looks like good work and a fun project!

Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Pvc long bows would be great for kids. They are cheap and easy to make. The kiddos can even help with the shape and final touches like painting it. I just use paracord for the string.

A friend of mine has been trying to get me to build a PVC recurve for a while. I made need to. Both my girls and youngest son are getting into archery.

Looks like good work and a fun project!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have been working on a fun little project that I thought some of you might find interesting. It's a crossbow made from some wood scraps and a little pvc. I found the idea from a guy named backyard bowyer on YouTube. It actually works really well and is a blast to shoot. No doubt in my mind that this would kill small game and you can build this for about $5 or less.

View attachment 55257
    How do you heat the pvc? Oven?

Big Rigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just used an electric heat gun. I set up some 2x4s to create somewhat of an oven and just go over it with the gun. I did one half of the pipe at a time. Took maybe 5 min/side. Use a flattening jig to create a nice even taper from middle to end. Just a couple 2x4s with 2 carriage bolts on the end to adjust for different pipe diameters and clamp it down after heating the pipe. Then just use a little local heat to bend the recurve ends back.
    How do you heat the pvc? Oven?

Top Bottom