• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I found it, but it took way too long. As long as he sees me first and takes off we're good, but it would be nice to not have to count on the snake.

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Always have a 'walking stick' with me in the woods! I use a ski pole, cheap and readily available at most junk shops.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    They're easier to see after I put them in my tote.

5006F31B-5CED-47B8-A1E1-2AC89CC540AE_zpshhwqbhbb.jpg

Welcome to snake season ingo.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Snakes freak me out. I've been anxious to get back into mountain biking this summer. And they recently opened up some new trails in Yellowwood forest, connecting to the trails in Brown County. But I hear those trails are loaded with Timber Rattlesnakes.

Scares me to death.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    Snakes freak me out. I've been anxious to get back into mountain biking this summer. And they recently opened up some new trails in Yellowwood forest, connecting to the trails in Brown County. But I hear those trails are loaded with Timber Rattlesnakes.

Scares me to death.

I think I posted on here last summer about our experience with a timber rattler in the campground at BCSP. I really hate snakes. Having said that, the trails in Yellowwood are pretty fun!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The rattlers we have encountered in prairie dog towns also wear good camo. That's why we carry rimfires (except for the wife's Judge) and don't wear ear protection when we're walking in a dog town. I wanta' hear their warning. And, when they issue a warning, they die!

No snakes for me, thank you.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The rattlers we have encountered in prairie dog towns also wear good camo. That's why we carry rimfires (except for the wife's Judge) and don't wear ear protection when we're walking in a dog town. I wanta' hear their warning. And, when they issue a warning, they die!

No snakes for me, thank you.

:popcorn: I opened my mouth and expressed my similar position in another snake thread and was very kindly challenged on it. Some good points were made, but I'm probably too stubborn to change my view on the subject.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    :popcorn: I opened my mouth and expressed my similar position in another snake thread and was very kindly challenged on it. Some good points were made, but I'm probably too stubborn to change my view on the subject.
    :shady:

Just call me, I'll kindly remove them.

Top Bottom