• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Several members have them, off the top of my head I know phylodog does. Those that do seem to swear by them. Search the BBQ threads and you will find info

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I love mine, had it about 5 years now. I have the large and pretty much the only thing too big for it is a full size un-trimmed brisket.

I'm getting an outdoor kitchen this year and will add a small BGE to it. I'd love to get an XL but cannot justify the expense.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Go to Costco and they have a BGE like model that is about 50% the price of the BGE. My son bought his a couple summers ago and it's awesome.

themurseman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Greenfield
    I agree. Everyone that has one loves it. But sometimes I think things like that are a cult. People refuse to be the one person to say its a pain in the ass.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Bge is great if it's in your budget. If not, there are others that cost less and offer nearly the same quality.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'll be the first to admit that BGE owners are very cult-like. That said, I can't hate on any of the other ceramic Kamado cookers on the market. They do the same job and people seem to love them. I think BGE is the gorilla in the room since it seems to be the most popular.

I do not believe that using them is a pain in the ass any more than any other grill I have ever owned. You put the charcoal in, light it, and get to cooking as soon as it gets to the temperature you desire. In fact, I'd say it's less of a pain in the ass especially when used in the slow cooking mode. You can get 20+ hours on one load of charcoal and don't need to open it up or add fuel until the meat is done. There aren't any other smokers that can claim that that aren't electric or gas fueled. Cleaning is a snap, all you do is rake out the ash and scrub the grate, not unlike any other charcoal grill. If that's too much work for a person, well, they probably have a hard time getting off the couch in the first place.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have a large, and there is no better way to grill, bake, smoke, roast, etc. it's is nowhere near a paint in the butt. You can light the coals and be cooking in no time at all, and the "turn it off" when your cook is done, come out the next day, and relight the remaining charcoal and cook again! They are fairly pricey, but worth every penny! Just don't get sucked into the Eggcessories, they are eggsecively over priced!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I've been happy running a 20" weber kettle knock off. No problems smoking or grilling on it.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Point is, nowhere did he ask about experience with a metal kettle.

I hear you..thing is, If I ask aadvice about spending $500+ on a grill (or anything) and someone can replicate the results for 10% of the cost, I'd love to hear about it. I'll be sure to pm you every time I want to reply to a thread to make sure I'm vupd approved.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    No need to post douchey replies. The results of a ceramic Kamado cannot be replicated with a metal grill. Sure they both cook food, but the similarity ends there. A Ford Fiesta will get you there, but a Lambo it ain't.

Top Bottom