• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    You should, it actually explains a lot about my methods: https://www.16personalities.com/entp-personality

If one is to portray an invincible character, one should learn to embrace their natural strengths and operate from them whenever possible. I’m a natural a$$. :):

An easy test for those that have 5 minutes or less
    Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory

by your own admission:
    ENTP personalities love to brainstorm and think big, but they will avoid getting caught doing the "grunt work" at all costs. ENTPs only make up about three percent of the population, which is just right, as it lets them create original ideas, then step back to let more numerous and fastidious personalities handle the logistics of implementation and maintenance.

I'm am ISTJ. Similarly, it should come as no surprise when reading the description. ISTJ Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
    personality shows what you are outside or what you are to the world,a mask; character reveals what you are on the inside, your morals and ethics.

I will continue to attempt to avoid judgment of personality.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...personality shows what you are outside or what you are to the world,a mask...

...methinks you have much to learn about personality type function stacks, but that's OK.

I can't change my personality type, only my character. I could make you believe anything I chose regarding either one here on an internet forum.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Personalities can change over time. First time I took Myers Briggs I was maybe late 20s and tested as INFP. I've taken the test several times over the years. HR departments seem to like personality tests and spending their budgets on "team building". Over time mine has changed from INFP to INTP-A.

ENTP's are kinda rare but easy enough to spot. My problem with them is that they care more about the debate than they care about the truth. I've noted that when reality puts you on uneasy footing you quickly try, usually successfully, to divert the conversation away from that back to your comfort zone of strength. That's actually a weakness.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Personalities can change over time. First time I took Myers Briggs I was maybe late 20s and tested as INFP. I've taken the test several times over the years. HR departments seem to like personality tests and spending their budgets on "team building". Over time mine has changed from INFP to INTP-A.

I would suspect that the early classification may have been in error, but possible if you were bordering close on the F/T preference to begin with. You are the ultimate judge of which best describes your functional preferences.

ENTP's are kinda rare but easy enough to spot. My problem with them is that they care more about the debate than they care about the truth. I've noted that when reality puts you on uneasy footing you quickly try, usually successfully, to divert the conversation away from that back to your comfort zone of strength. That's actually a weakness.

I embrace my natural strengths and weaknesses and consider the process of maturation to be the ongoing attempt to master both and apply myself to the fullest to any task. You're wrong about truth, though. Regardless of the exercise or the role I may be playing in it, the pursuit of truth and excellence drive me. That is my character.

Shall we ask for these to be spun off into a new breakroom thread? If a mod agrees and would be so kind?

ETA: Probably posts 285, 289-293, 295, 297

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would suspect that the early classification may have been in error, but possible if you were bordering close on the F/T preference to begin with. You are the ultimate judge of which best describes your functional preferences.

I embrace my natural strengths and weaknesses and consider the process of maturation to be the ongoing attempt to master both and apply myself to the fullest to any task. You're wrong about truth, though. Regardless of the exercise or the role I may be playing in it, the pursuit of truth and excellence drive me. That is my character.

Shall we ask for these to be spun off into a new breakroom thread? If a mod agrees and would be so kind?

People's personalities aren't fixed. Experience and life events can have profound impacts on the way we view the world and the way we react to it. In my earlier years I absolutely did lean more towards feeling. As I matured, along with some hard knocks and introspection, that changed.

I'd like to address more of your rebuttal about truth. But I'm fine with continuing the "personality" discussion in another thread and would welcome the mods making it so.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    New spin-off for discussion from previous thread per ATM request. Let me know if I missed any posts from the previous discussion

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Istj for me. As always, I'm my responses are somewhere between "what I really feel" and "what I think I really feel".

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I - 41%
    N - 22%
    T - 44%
    J - 41%

Ever since my early 20's when I first took the test, I have always been an INTJ. Although the level of introversion has changed somewhat due to my job in sales. I am comfortable speaking in front of people and meeting new people, but socialization still drains me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I - 41%
    N - 22%
    T - 44%
    J - 41%

Ever since my early 20's when I first took the test, I have always been an INTJ. Although the level of introversion has changed somewhat due to my job in sales. I am comfortable speaking in front of people and meeting new people, but socialization still drains me.

I guess I am an ENTJ as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Personality is developed through life experiences. Temperament is pre-programmed and there are basically 4 temperaments(some think there is a 5th) and what has not been disputed is that all humans fit into one or more of the 4. Most have one that is dominant with a secondary that follows behind.

Personality is ever changeable. Temperament can be influenced and emphasized as we become aware of our temperament and it's weaknesses and strengths. My temperament says that being in sales may not be the best career for me. Mine would lead more to being an engineer or a research scientist. But after 35+ years of being in sales and figuring out what my strengths and weaknesses are with my temperament I am able to emphasize that part of my temperament while at work and then revert back to who I am when left alone.

The only people that don't buy into the whole temperament(or what some of you are referring to as personalities) are the Type A, Choleric types. And guess what? Their temperament is such that they don't buy into stuff like this. They are the type that says: "Just do it!" :)

Sorry, I can't remember which type it would be with M/B. I could never remember all those letters and out of all the tests I have taken I find M/B to be less comprehensive and more confusing than most of the others I have taken.

BTW, the insights discovery system has been the best that I have taken to date. Super complete with a lot of detail and with the exception of a few sentences, nailed me perfectly.

www.insights.com

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    INTJ for me.

I don't know what that means, but I do know that when I stopped ignoring the voices, I noticed that they were just trying to give me adjustments for wind and elevation.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    [h=3]Your Type Preferences[/h]
    [FONT=&quot]Introvert(28%) iNtuitive(16%) Thinking(1%) Judging(16%)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Because you appear to have marginal or no (1%) preference of Thinking over Feeling, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:
    INTJ and INFJ.

No surprise there. :)
    [/FONT]

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    INTJ. Though, all scores are "moderate".

That's been the result since I've first taken tests like this. So, it is either fairly descriptive, or poppy-cock. Hard to tell. The fact that I find it fairly subjective fits with the INTJ outcome, I suppose.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I took the MBTI years ago in the military - ISTJ. FWIW at that time (1996? 97?) I was told about 75% of the military members who took the test came out as ISTJ. Cops were also predominately ISTJ.

Top Bottom