• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    As a member of any forum, you become accustom to the responses of the other members. But do you think it is a reflection upon yourself when you look at the response to your OP? Some posts will elicit a certain response predictably. The challenge might be to step outside the formatting of other posts. The topic is probably the driving force, but can you take a mundane topic and derive a good response?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Am I more likely to respond to a post from some people than others? Sure. After 9 years, some people you like and some you don't. Some you know are interesting, some aren't.

Something else though that your post brought up has always puzzled me. I have noticed some people act like it is a personal vindication or measure of their self worth if they get a lot of responses.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Life is a popularity contest. Always has been and always will be. Even the most crusty of old salts want it. It feels good to be acknowledged by our peers.

The members that have years in here and have spent the countless hours at their screen conversing with one another are like the cool big bro's. Then there's the new people who don't have the time spent and get bummed when they get ditched by big brother and all his cool friends. Someday if you are willing to spend those same countless hours, you will become the cool big brother, and then you can decide whether to let the little brothers play along with you.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I read a lot of posts that I don't comment on. I don't think it has anything to do with what I think of the OP, but rather if I have something to add to the discussion.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As a member of any forum, you become accustom to the responses of the other members. But do you think it is a reflection upon yourself when you look at the response to your OP? Some posts will elicit a certain response predictably. The challenge might be to step outside the formatting of other posts. The topic is probably the driving force, but can you take a mundane topic and derive a good response?

Some people will read a post and not know how to respond. Others will look at a title and decide whether to click into the thread or not. Speaking personally, sometimes I'll gauge whether or not to read a thread based on the OP, but it's rare for me to do so, and usually, I find myself reaching for my "mod hat" when I do. Most often, I'll do the "mouse hover" thing and read the first few lines of the post in the hovertip before deciding to read the thread or not, and sometimes, how many pages of responses exist will figure in as well. It's very rare that the OP is why I read a thread, and much more often, a reflection of the thread topic more than the poster.

Hope that helps! :)

Blessings,
    Bill

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Am I more likely to respond to a post from some people than others? Sure. After 9 years, some people you like and some you don't. Some you know are interesting, some aren't.

Something else though that your post brought up has always puzzled me. I have noticed some people act like it is a personal vindication or measure of their self worth if they get a lot of responses.

Interesting.
    On the flip side, I rarely ever look at who posted a post, I just read what they say and respond to some based PURELY on their content.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I read a lot of posts that I don't comment on. I don't think it has anything to do with what I think of the OP, but rather if I have something to add to the discussion.

Gosh you are just so.....Motherly.......

Admit it...You are crocheting right now.....:)

"Oh I don't like to comment when the boys are playing in the basement...It has nothing to do with what I think of the boys conversation or what it's about....If I think they need my wise motherly advice I will pipe in and offer it...."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My father was sexually assaulted by a black bear in an elderberry patch when he was a kid...I can't believe you went there....You have ZERO tact...

I thought Canadians were supposed to be well mannered?????

I don't live THAT far north! I guess you think that if there's no poisonous snakes, then it must be Canada, huh?

Top Bottom