• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The officer is fortunate that the dude had a tactical black club instead of a rifle.

Really good shooting from a non-traditional position. And good restraint on shooting when the dude was no longer a threat.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I'm waiting for the "usual crowd" to come on here and say that the evil cop had no right to shoot once the "citizen" (not supposed to call them. suspects any more) was disarmed by throwing his rifle at the cop. Therefore, it is a bad shoot, and the cop should go to jail.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Great shooting effect. Police Officers are under constant duress (not always to this progress). The Officer hasgreat self control. Not sure, I or any other body could have asserted such a situation in this manner. The idiot deserved more than a shot to the arm, and the Officer will be under tough scrutiny. I hope all fares well for him and the investigation.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just for HKindiana:

The evil cop had no right to shoot once the "citizen" was disarmed by throwing his rifle at the cop. Therefore, it is a bad shoot, and the cop should go to jail.

:runaway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm waiting for the "usual crowd" to come on here and say that the evil cop had no right to shoot once the "citizen" (not supposed to call them. suspects any more) was disarmed by throwing his rifle at the cop. Therefore, it is a bad shoot, and the cop should go to jail.

Did he still have the rifle next to him after he ran away? Officer might have been able to put a few more in him.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We were just discussing this video on an LEO training site I'm active in. Good shoot, 100%, but for training purposes, there is always something we can learn. First, moving straight back is never good, get off the "x", and find cover. Second, the suspect is in front of you with a long gun, your best response is to close the distance and engage the suspect with contact shots. Effectively taking the rifle out of the equation. Giving the suspect room allows him to use the rifle with deadly effect. In this instance, the suspect was using the rifle like a bat for some reason. Even more important to close the distance and render the weapon useless. By moving away while the suspect moves towards you, you risk maintaining the "kill" range that a club/bat needs to be effective. It is counter intuitive and requires training. If this guy was actually using this rifle as it was intended rather than a club, the outcome would likely have been very different.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We were just discussing this video on an LEO training site I'm active in. Good shoot, 100%, but for training purposes, there is always something we can learn. First, moving straight back is never good, get off the "x", and find cover. Second, the suspect is in front of you with a long gun, your best response is to close the distance and engage the suspect with contact shots. Effectively taking the rifle out of the equation. Giving the suspect room allows him to use the rifle with deadly effect. In this instance, the suspect was using the rifle like a bat for some reason. Even more important to close the distance and render the weapon useless. By moving away while the suspect moves towards you, you risk maintaining the "kill" range that a club/bat needs to be effective. It is counter intuitive and requires training. If this guy was actually using this rifle as it was intended rather than a club, the outcome would likely have been very different.

Obviously, I don't have to tell you, but breaking the "step straight back" habit, in favor of the diagonal sidestep, is insanely difficult. In truth, I still can't reliably do it...and I've been taught it for years.

Top Bottom