• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    Indiana specifically states that obscuring the word, "Indiana" on the plate makes it an illegal plate cover. They even show this on the IN.gov website with this pic

licenseplate_frame-large.jpg

Yet... if you go into the DMV office (at least, here in Merrillville, you'll find them selling license plates in the office that do just that. Never figured that out.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I almost posted that link earlier today asking the same thing when I saw it in my email. I have also seen a lot of plate holders that cover the county ID, expiration date, etc. I never understood how those could be legal...guess they aren't.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After reading the statement I'm missing where the Battery on Law Enforcement charge came from.

I'm going with pushing a LEO = battery.

Trooper Organ noticed that the subject was attempting to hide his right side from him. When advised he was going to be patted down for safety reasons the subject refused, pushed Trooper Organ away and stated, “It’s none of your business”.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Pushing the officer away gets him a felony it appears... Did he really think pushing the officer away to avoid the misdemeanor gun charge was going to end well?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That reminds me. I need to take my envelope with the sticker off the passenger seat, and actually put the sticker on the plate.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    So now under Pinner how does the handgun part fit in, if at all?

I would presume that since the officer determined ahead of time that the "handgun permit"(?) was suspended that this would be probable cause / RAS to determine if handguns are present, but I am not sure.

Regards,

Doug

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Am I being detained?
    I'm not driving; I'm traveling.
    Am I free to go?
    I am the living representative of [INSERT OWN NAME HERE].
    I do not wish to make joinder with you.
    Where is the corpus delicti?

...after fifteen minutes of this douchebaggery...

*glass shatters*
    *taser arcs*
    I do not consent! I do noooooooooooooot conseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeent!

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    That reminds me. I need to take my envelope with the sticker off the passenger seat, and actually put the sticker on the plate.

About 7 or 8 years ago I went to renew our plates on our 4 cars and had to go to the DMV because I did not get the usual mailing. Went to pay and it was about $600. Wait a minute I said, that is way higher than it should be. The nice lady looked on the computer and said, it doesn't appear you renewed your plates last year. Wait a minute I said again, I will go grab my registration, went out to the car, came back in and said okay, lets pay this thing before someone realizes what happened....

The year before, we were in the process of shutting down our business, I was getting a real job again, trying to fend off bankruptcy, all sorts of fun. I forgot to renew out plates, so we were all driving around for a year on expired tags and nobody noticed. After I paid up, the nice lady said "see you next year... maybe" with a big smile.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    About 7 or 8 years ago I went to renew our plates on our 4 cars and had to go to the DMV because I did not get the usual mailing. Went to pay and it was about $600. Wait a minute I said, that is way higher than it should be. The nice lady looked on the computer and said, it doesn't appear you renewed your plates last year. Wait a minute I said again, I will go grab my registration, went out to the car, came back in and said okay, lets pay this thing before someone realizes what happened....

The year before, we were in the process of shutting down our business, I was getting a real job again, trying to fend off bankruptcy, all sorts of fun. I forgot to renew out plates, so we were all driving around for a year on expired tags and nobody noticed. After I paid up, the nice lady said "see you next year... maybe" with a big smile.

You and your whole family and fleet got lucky! If that had been me, all 4 would have been ticketed, all on the same day. :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So now under Pinner how does the handgun part fit in, if at all?

I would presume that since the officer determined ahead of time that the "handgun permit"(?) was suspended that this would be probable cause / RAS to determine if handguns are present, but I am not sure.

Regards,

Doug

I don't think so (Pinner). But if constitutional carry had passed and been effective by then, he would have been in the clear on that charge, I think. More shade-tree lawyering: Once it was determined his license was suspended, he wouldn't be allowed to drive the Tahoe any further. Being so, wouldn't he have been detained for driving on a suspended license and then all of the Terry stuff could then transpire?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think there are two lessons to be learned here: (1) Be nice, and (2) Don't dig yourself into a deeper hole by being an a**hole. I'm with Doug on the "expired LTCH = RAS of illegal activity" question. If you don't have a valid fishing license is that RAS of illegally taking fish?

Top Bottom