• ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hoosierdoc about got smoked by a distracted driver

Just when Rush Limbaugh was starting up, I about got smacked. Glad I'm OK and this guy did not hit the pole or the car ahead of me. I never saw him coming.

[video=youtube;K3ZbSTti_-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ZbSTti_-s[/video]

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I used to think it was Asian drivers. Or maybe Italian drivers.

Now? I'm pretty sure the Methodists are the worst.

This is primarily the reason I sold my Harley and put a humongous hitch on the back of my pickemup truck.

Oh, and ordnance in the glove compartment.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Maybe he knew you were a guy that talks about himself in the 3rd person? Seems legit.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Probably in labor and on the way to the ER. I hope there was a doctor there when they arrived.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Just when Rush Limbaugh was starting up, I about got smacked. Glad I'm OK and this guy did not hit the pole or the car ahead of me. I never saw him coming.

[video=youtube;K3ZbSTti_-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ZbSTti_-s[/video]

Not knowing what you saw in the rear view mirror to me it looks like he was in control and just went around you since you were turning.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Someone has to ask, which dash cam do you use? And your opinion?
    same thing happens to me a lot turning into my. Neighborhood. Everyone is in too much of a hurry.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not knowing what you saw in the rear view mirror to me it looks like he was in control and just went around you since you were turning.

He was on his brakes hard coming around me. Then he proceeded slowly for a while, like "woah, I about hit that guy". There's a several inch drop off there too. No way he was just trying to pass

BUT, if he was simply passing me, he's much more of an idiot than I gave him credit for. There are huge poles there and there was a car in his way that fortunately turned before he got there

in fact looking again I bet he ramped up that guy wire

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Had this recently. Dumb broad in an escape tailgating us behind an entire line of cars north of brownsburg. To the point that if I let off the gas she would almost tap us. I gave her a thumb up and back to gesture "back off dummy" and she went ape****. I literally had to drive in my mirror to keep her from rear ending us. I don't understand how people can be so stupid.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As I get older (ahem, more experienced), I swear I spend as much time watching out for the guy behind me as I do for myself. Braking early, leaving room, etc... I swear folks pay less and less attention. Add in rain (as in the good doctor's video), and folks are downright scary.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Got lucky about a week ago on the toll road near Elkhart. Road going from two to one lanes for construction. Had a gap for semi in front of me and a mini van right behind me. The third car back got a phone call, as he tried to answer the phone most of us went from 45 to 5 MPH. He kept going and hit the mini van at about 50 MPH, bounced off them and hit me as I was trying to accelerate away. I saw it coming. I try to check my rear view when we slow down like that. No one hurt too bad. Stay safe.
    View attachment 55888

Top Bottom