• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    RIP good sir...I know it's sacrilege but I thought he was the best Bond....

[video=youtube;CxwdlWwuEPE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxwdlWwuEPE[/video]

Of the Bonds with a comedic streak I'll agree; however Daniel Craig is without a doubt the best BADASS Bond. Sean Connery of course defined the best overall bond and I'll even go so far as to say that the Timothy Dalton portrayal was pretty decent as well!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Let's not forget about The Saint! He even had a cameo in the movie.

[video=youtube;Ksu_MUvwicI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksu_MUvwicI[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Roger Moore: I Hate Guns
    Roger Moore hates guns despite shooting to fame in the role of deadly spy James Bond.

Roger Moore never liked guns -- even James Bond's Walther PPK
    Roger Moore never liked guns — even James Bond’s Walther PPK
    In real life, Moore hated guns, especially the glorified men who wielded them
    However, he told Reuters in 2008, he came to abhor the way the character and the films had become increasingly violent.“I am happy to have done it, but I’m sad that it has turned so violent,” he said.

(NEWSFLASH Mr. Moore. You were playing an assassin. Of course there's guns and violence)

Roger Moore Came To Hate The Way Society Glorifies Men With Guns | HuffPost
    “Of course I do not regret the Bond days,” he said. “I regret that sadly heroes in general are depicted with guns in their hands.”
    “I regret that sadly heroes in general are depicted with guns in their hands, and to tell the truth I have always hated guns and what they represent.”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Roger Moore: I Hate Guns
    Roger Moore hates guns despite shooting to fame in the role of deadly spy James Bond.

Roger Moore never liked guns -- even James Bond's Walther PPK
    Roger Moore never liked guns — even James Bond’s Walther PPK
    In real life, Moore hated guns, especially the glorified men who wielded them
    However, he told Reuters in 2008, he came to abhor the way the character and the films had become increasingly violent.“I am happy to have done it, but I’m sad that it has turned so violent,” he said.

(NEWSFLASH Mr. Moore. You were playing an assassin. Of course there's guns and violence)

Roger Moore Came To Hate The Way Society Glorifies Men With Guns | HuffPost
    “Of course I do not regret the Bond days,” he said. “I regret that sadly heroes in general are depicted with guns in their hands.”
    “I regret that sadly heroes in general are depicted with guns in their hands, and to tell the truth I have always hated guns and what they represent.”

Ah c'mon Actaeon. It's just a tribute to 007. We can leave his politics out of it (like we did with that Soundgarden guy)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Roger Moore's characters were the personification of class. Something that's getting scarce in movies today.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Of the Bonds with a comedic streak I'll agree; however Daniel Craig is without a doubt the best BADASS Bond. Sean Connery of course defined the best overall bond and I'll even go so far as to say that the Timothy Dalton portrayal was pretty decent as well!

Ehh, Pierce Brosnan didn't do to bad either. But I agree with your overall analysis.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My condolences to his family and friends.
    That said, though he was overall a good actor, I never cared for his portrayal of James Bond, and liked him the least of all who played him.

Top Bottom