• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    My wife doesn't ask for much and had been wanting a clothesline, so I built her one today. I used two 10' and two 8' 4x4 treated "cedar tone" posts. The cross members are 4' and will have three lines installed once the concrete is set. The posts are set about 3.5 feed deep and concreted with 60 lbs of quickcrete per hole.

Quick weekend project that should also help the electric bill.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Looks pretty good. If you use quality plastic coated steel cable you won't have to make any line props. I remember growing up and helping my mom with the clothesline. There's a different smell to the clothes when dried out in the sun and fresh air.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Looks good!

And few realize that the sun is a natural sanitizer. We used to hang cloth diapers on the line. They'd be stinky even after we treated them with antibacterial stuff in the wash, but a couple hours out in the sunlight, and the stink was gone. (as were some of the stains too!)

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Yep. Looks good!

And few realize that the sun is a natural sanitizer. We used to hang cloth diapers on the line. They'd be stinky even after we treated them with antibacterial stuff in the wash, but a couple hours out in the sunlight, and the stink was gone. (as were some of the stains too!)

Oh yes, we cloth diaper and my wife has been setting out a clothes rack to clip the diapers on. Amazing what line drying does to smells and stains.

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Looks pretty good. If you use quality plastic coated steel cable you won't have to make any line props. I remember growing up and helping my mom with the clothesline. There's a different smell to the clothes when dried out in the sun and fresh air.

Already have the vinyl coated cable bought along with wire thimbles, clamps and a adjustable hook to take up tension. Can't wait to test it out

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    When we lived in the country my mom always clothes line dried the clothes. In the winter they hung on lines in the basement. We never owned a dryer until we move in town. Ah... the good old days.

Top Bottom