Princess Diana's car already damaged in earlier crash before her death?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just saw a documentary tonight that claims the car in which Princess Diana died already suffered a serious crash.
    The car was due to be destroyed for scrap after a crash but was later rebuilt by some unknown mechanics and sold again.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/36857...-off-that-flipped-ten-times-in-earlier-crash/

Princess Diana crash limo was 'death trap' that had been written off and rebuilt according to shock new claims - Mirror Online

Princess Diana[FONT=&amp] ’s death crash limo had been written off after an earlier smash, investigators claim.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]But the Mercedes-Benz S280, which hit a Paris tunnel wall in 1997, was re-built and sold on to a hotel car pool.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]One source told a TV documentary: “It had crashed before, and rolled over.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]A new investigation into the tragedy alleges the Mercedes-Benz S280 was a “re-built wreck” doomed to fall apart if driven at more than 37mph (60kph).[/FONT]

In that documentary a chauffeur who used to drive that exact car a few months before Diana's death said he was affraid to drive it above 37mph and that something was wrong with the handling.
    That chauffeur never mentioned that to the police or journalists before.
    He said that when he saw the first pictures of the crash, and recognize the licence plate, he was not surprised they had crashed.

The alcohol level of the driver might not have been the accident like previously thought.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah, whatever, 20-something years later he says something? It was Charlie and his buds at Hereford, or better yet Old Liz herself, (with help from 22 SAS) that did it! Ask ATM.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, do license plates in Europe follow a particular car forever? Even if wrecked, totaled, and rebuilt?

Or, more like the in the States, do individuals/owners keep the plates and transfer to new vehicles?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So, do license plates in Europe follow a particular car forever? Even if wrecked, totaled, and rebuilt?

Or, more like the in the States, do individuals/owners keep the plates and transfer to new vehicles?

The car keeps its plates even when it gets a new owner.

Now with this particular one I don't know if they kept the same plates or not after they rebuilt it since you're not supposed to do that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Heck, I have bought rebuilt cars myself and sold 2 of them to my parents.

My post college, pre law school days, I worked at a dealership where we specialized in rebuilding and selling "salvage" vehicles.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My post college, pre law school days, I worked at a dealership where we specialized in rebuilding and selling "salvage" vehicles.

0201-prim-ben-jones-cooter-dukes-of-hazzard-now-launch2-1200x630.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    They couldn't afford a car with a clean title, or was someone just so particularly fond of the car that they had to have the same car? Perhaps because it was lucky?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They couldn't afford a car with a clean title, or was someone just so particularly fond of the car that they had to have the same car? Perhaps because it was lucky?

The hotel bought the car used but had no idea it had been rebuilt after a previous crash.

The former owner thought the car had been destroyed and was shocked to hear Diana died in his former car.

Top Bottom