• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    GP suggested this thread and I believe he is correct.....In the Scientology thread Denny said, and rightly so, "People will believe anything" and I agree...But just because people will believe anything doesn't mean everything people believe is false....

I believe the Devil is real....Even if one takes a scientific approach as in "for every action there is a reaction" it only stands to reason that if there is good there will be the evil....This thread and the one on Scientology are not meant to be flippant or contrarian....I am a documentary junkie and for the past month or so have been studying both subjects, Scientology and Modern Satanism....Possession, exorcism, Satan Worship, selling one's soul, etc....Are things that many in the world believe in.....Across many Faiths it seems....

I have always been fascinated with the Native American tradition of "The Trickster" who plays a devilish role in their beliefs...I have always argued that the natives conversion into Christianity was not due to ignorance but familiarity with the ideology....

"So the Son of Man fasted and wandered in the wilderness for forty days where the Trickster tried to deceive Him?"

"Yes..."

"Tell me more Padre..."

BpIxymjCcAA1_Vc.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    The devil is as real a being as the satanists who claim to worship him

...but he's far more clever than they are.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This biography on Crowley is very well done....His quote "Do what thou Wilt Shall be the Whole of the Law" is the favorite tattoo of many artists and musicians....A good watch for believers or non believers....One may doubt what Crowley did or whether he experienced the things he experienced but it's hard to doubt the impact he had on the 20th century and pop culture...

[video=youtube;U0Mm8GIv54Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Mm8GIv54Q[/video]

Crowley-Beatles-Sgt-Pepper.jpg

AleisterCrowleyDavidBowieSphinx.jpg

tyler-the-creator-aleister-crowley.jpg

db7dd02147265dd04c9ac896770769c6.jpg

dowhatthouwilt.jpg

jay-z-aleister-crowley-jay-z-do-what-thou-wilt-e1302393163322.jpg

4f4900649421613da8381f52a16be1ee.jpg

doors_aleister.jpg

oz_crowley3.jpg

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This biography on Crowley is very well done....His quote "Do what thou Wilt Shall be the Whole of the Law" is the favorite tattoo of many artists and musicians....A good watch for believers or non believers....One may doubt what Crowley did or whether he experienced the things he experienced but it's hard to doubt the impact he had on the 20th century and pop culture...

Wow. It's amazingly subversive, but why wouldn't it be? The concept is appealing on such a base level...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The concept is appealing on such a base level...

You nailed it..."Base level".....Crowley preached to go to your base level...Nothing too low, nothing too disgusting, nothing too decadent, if it feels good do it....Pacino channeled Crowley big time for this speech from the Devil's Advocate....

NSFW language.....

[video=youtube;RGR4SFOimlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGR4SFOimlk[/video]

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have known a couple of people heavily into the occult...I was actually invited to join a coven In my wilder years.

Needless to say, I didn't join...even though they promised me I would be rewarded with power and earthly wealth if I "served until the end times". The end times was supposed to be 2012...according to this group of failed rock stars/Wiccan high priests.

LOL

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    You'll have to narrow this thread down, are we talking Rationalist Satanism or Theistic Satanism? It sounds like the latter, but most Satanists are the former.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have known a couple of people heavily into the occult...I was actually invited to join a coven In my wilder years.

Needless to say, I didn't join...even though they promised me I would be rewarded with power and earthly wealth if I "served until the end times". The end times was supposed to be 2012...according to this group of failed rock stars/Wiccan high priests.

LOL

Paul are you familiar with the "West Memphis 3" and if so do you think they are guilty or not???? I have went back and forth on it but I am now leaning towards guilty as sin...I do not like how Johnnie Depp and others have turned them into Pop Culture Heroes.....The more I looked into it I came to the conclusion that they did kill them young boys...The reason I ask is the lawyers for them played the "They were young and just dabbled in the occult" defense and being as how you had some friends into that from the same time period I am curious about your take on it????

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You'll have to narrow this thread down, are we talking Rationalist Satanism or Theistic Satanism? It sounds like the latter, but most Satanists are the former.

I would say to keep things simple both...You are correct there is a difference...I guess it's Crowley vs LaVey but both can be discussed...I would even be okay if Wicca is discussed here as well....

Top Bottom