• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Garden hose will work just fine. Use duct tape to cover the end of the hose (just the metal part. Still gotta have an opening) so you don't risk cutting your liner. You can always pay for it to be hauled. If that's what you'd like, call your local pool shop. They'll have a name. I built many in ground pools and almost every time we used the garden hose. A few customers wanted it hauled in.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I filled our pool with the hose. The first year I used our well water and I had no end of trouble with alkalinity and pH, but after that, we had city water and it was much, much better.

Like Glockman said, call your sewage utility to find out how not to be charged the sewage treatment charge for the water you put in the pool.

Assuming that you're sewage is based on water usage. If you pay a set fee for sewage, it won't make a diff.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    The other day, I saw a big pool water delivery tanker truck on the side of the road connected with a big hose to a fire hydrant.

I found that odd because how would they pay for the water they got from the hydrant?

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    The other day, I saw a big pool water delivery tanker truck on the side of the road connected with a big hose to a fire hydrant.

I found that odd because how would they pay for the water they got from the hydrant?

They have a portable meter that hooks up to the hydrant.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I just filled ~22,000 gal pool with my hose and as usual it's off the scale high for hardness, Ph and Alchy. I have a couple pounds of dry acid to dissolve this weekend.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    They have a portable meter that hooks up to the hydrant.

If they're honest. Unless caught, there is zero proof once the residual water on the street dries up. Unless of course they close the hydrant too fast and create a water hammer, or don't use that particular plug regularly and don't realize that it slams shut and causes a main break. In which case, there will be a substantial mess that still most likely will not be traced back to the water boys.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

There's a well known pool water supplier in my area I happen to know does that, plus going to hydrants in isolated rural areas away from prying eyes.
    Judging by your listed location, that was probably the same guy, and yes, it's stealing.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    There's a well known pool water supplier in my area I happen to know does that, plus going to hydrants in isolated rural areas away from prying eyes.
    Judging by your listed location, that was probably the same guy, and yes, it's stealing.

Nice. Having an unlimited supply of goods to sell that costs them nothing. Good business model.....until they get caught.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Might try your local fire department. I have a couple friends on a volunteer department and they deliver water all the time. I think they charge a penny a gallon.

Top Bottom