• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I began a bacon only diet yesterday. Two pounds of bacon each day. I'm going to hit two weeks and decide if I'll go for a month then.

Mostly going for the cool factor of a bacon diet although I could stand to drop a few pounds. Not in horrible shape but for the effort I want to put into running and cycling it'd help to be a bit lighter. I had decided to lift big(ger) again and bench 405 again by my birthday (August) but after hitting the mid 3's I kept running into injury. So, I've shifted to a bit more cardio. If you strava and want to follow send me a PM

I'll be using my Garmin scale to gather all the pertinent information.

Beginning 2 June 2017
    Body Weight: 200.5
    BMI: 31.5
    Skeletal muscle mass: 77.6
    Bone: 11.1
    Body H2O: 50.3%

easy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    SEOK
    Was a news story about a guy that did just that. Lowered his cholesterol too.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All kidding aside it makes your body into a fat burning furnace. Any carbohydrates stop the process.

Your body runs on sugar. Everything you eat must be converted to sugar in order to be used. All sugar that is not immediately used is converted to fat to be stored for later use. If you continue ingesting carbohydrates your body will continue using the least chemically resistant to conversion, for fuel. If you eat only protein and fat your body has to work harder to turn it into sugar but after about three days it gets to peak efficiency and if you do not add too many calories your body will begin to use stored fat for energy.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I'm on day three and feel like poop. I'm not sick of bacon, nor did I expect to be. I just feel terrible. I didn't work out yesterday for the same reason. Day one was easy. Really no change in energy or general feeling. Last two days have been rough. I'm going to PT with my big kids and will report later. I've also got a lot of school work to do that i put off yesterday.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'm on day three and feel like poop. I'm not sick of bacon, nor did I expect to be. I just feel terrible. I didn't work out yesterday for the same reason. Day one was easy. Really no change in energy or general feeling. Last two days have been rough. I'm going to PT with my big kids and will report later. I've also got a lot of school work to do that i put off yesterday.

When I was doing the Atkins, a buddy told me that shortly into it, I would feel run down as well as nauseous, and it sure did hit me. It only lasted a week or so, maybe week and a half, then it was all good again. I`d be very interested to hear how you do on this, and would love all the details too. Is it seriously only bacon?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If he eats nothing but bacon for two weeks the test strips are a waste of money. If you are on Atkins they help to know you are not taking in too many carbs.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    I noticed my breath today at church. Glad I sit up front with no-one in front of my breathing.

The workout was run, lunge, mountain climbers, run. Haven't looked at mileage but took about 30 minutes. I felt pretty good, surprisingly. I just had to get my brain and heart working, I guess. I wasn't overly strong but sufficient for the task.

I weigh myself every morning.
    196.6 BE
    30.9 BMI
    30.1 BF%
    76.7 Skeletal MM
    51% H2O
    11 lbs bone mass

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hog slayer, I believe you mentioned cycling as an activity you were going to partake of. It is possible to burn fat directly during the second hour (and beyond) of a mid-tempo, aerobic (18mph+) ride. When you transition away from 100% ketogenic it's an option (you have to wait, because you need a few components in nutrition to avoid bonk that wouldn't be available during the first month phase. These can be provided by something like a 30-30-40 nutrition bar and you don't need much)

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    That's good to know. We're planning a camping trip to Uwharrie Nat'l Forest for some hiking and real mountain biking. I would be seriously PO'd to bonk out there.

Cliff bars don't melt.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If you weren't fat adapted before this (body using fat for fuel instead of carbs) you are probably suffering from the keto flu. It will pass in a few days. Make sure you are drinking pleanty of water.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Mildy off topic. Do you plan on eating the same brand of bacon the whole time? This seams like a great opportunity to become a virtuoso of bacon. If so favorites and meh bacon opinions are welcomed. I wish you the best of luck. I have been low carb'n for 3 months and have lost 35 pounds.

Top Bottom