Suggestions for auto insurance companies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    My long term carrier is exiting Indiana, so I need to find an alternate. Any recommendations for a couple of old fogies who don't put many miles on their vehicles any more? Thanks.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    We use Progressive. Rates are good, comparatively speaking, and the few times Ive needed to contact someone(policy changes, adding or dropping vehicles/boats) its always been easy and someone that speaks English. Never had to make a claim so cant speak for that aspect

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I use a insurance broker and it saves me the time and hassle of finding the best rates. I also pay yearly and it brings the price down even more.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i had esurance in the past. no problems with them after wife was in an accident. then rates went up. i usually shop every year or two. now im with [again] indiana farm bureau

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    We also use an insurance agency that shops around with different carriers to get us the best coverage/price for our needs. We've been with Auto Owner's for several years now. No complaints and no rate increases even after the one accident that we were involved in a few years ago.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I do not have any complaints with State Farm, a little more expensive but worth it in my opinion. Our local agent is a phenomenal person

State Farm here too. For many many years. I have had great luck dealing with issues and have never had my rates jacked up for anything.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I haven't had any issues with Indiana Farmers. My agent is a great guy. I had a limb fall on my truck a couple of weeks ago. Talked to my agent last Thursday, an adjustor came Friday, and I had a check today.

wabashman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    We also use an insurance agency that shops around with different carriers to get us the best coverage/price for our needs. We've been with Auto Owner's for several years now. No complaints and no rate increases even after the one accident that we were involved in a few years ago.

Auto owners here as well. Was by far the cheapest and best coverage. Have them for my home owners as well.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I dont know about the others that have said they use brokers, but in my personal experience in the past, which is why i left my broker, is you can get it cheaper on your own. A broker is nothing more than a middle man. Took me less than 10 minutes to find cheaper insurance, with identical coverage, and drop my broker like a bad habit! Just my couple pennies worth

Top Bottom