• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just because the Muslim community knows who they (the people behind the ad) are trying to depict doesnt make the ad true. Actaully these are very common lies used to describe Muhummad by anti-Islamic groups. Thats why its so easily recongized as what it is trying to say. I can tell you that 4 of those things are complete lies with NO truth. And 2 of them have a base of truth but are being used way out of context.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Division. To reinforce anti Islam sentiments on one side, to make Muslims feel less a part of the community on the other. Us v them is a very powerful theme.

I guess.

I would think we could believe different things about the ultimate reality, really, truly, deeply disagree about the nature of God, without the hate.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Just because the Muslim community knows who they (the people behind the ad) are trying to depict doesnt make the ad true. Actaully these are very common lies used to describe Muhummad by anti-Islamic groups. Thats why its so easily recongized as what it is trying to say. I can tell you that all but 2 of those things are complete lies with NO truth. And 2 of them have a base of truth but are being used way out of context.
    So..which two are true and which two are out of context?

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Division. To reinforce anti Islam sentiments on one side, to make Muslims feel less a part of the community on the other. Us v them is a very powerful theme.

Yep this sums it up. Not to mention the organization behind this ad (easy to find with a little research) has a history of using this tactic. Inflamatory, false statements projected into the world hoping the average person will not question it and believe it as true. Bad part is they are winning. I have talked to many average, Christian Americans who have seen this sign (via the web) and believe it to be true. When asked why...just blank stares. Then after discussing it with them and challenging them to research it to confirm its falsehood they (some not all) just say "Nah I believe its true without the research". Sad.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Slavery was the norm that many years ago. George Washington had slaves working in the WH. And thats far more recent times then when Muhammad was alive. Anyone have a problem with GW? Did he have more than one wife? Yes, but again at that time it was not at all uncommon and was accepted by many religions.

Last edited:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    BTW, not looking for a war of words or to convert anyone here. Just saying this is false and is just bad for an already great divide we have.

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Lies. Rapist, 6 yo wife, Behead 600 Jews, Torture nonbelivers.

Slavery was the norm that many years ago. George Washington had slaves working in the WH. And thats far more recent times then when Muhammed was alive. Anyone have a problem with GW? Did he have more than one wife? Yes, but again at that time it was not at all uncommon and was accepted by many religions.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Montgomery Watt wrote a very good biography of the founder of Islam. It is more readable that Lings' work, but not as exhaustive.

The man was a military conqueror, very similar to the leaders presented in the modern Game of Thrones paradigm. He went to war. He killed his enemies, even 600 (roughly) Jews who surrendered thinking they had an agreement with his representatives to allow them safe passage out of Medina. He took the women of his defeated enemies and, as justified as proper for conquerors in The Game of Thrones, saying, "Their men could not protect them so now they (the captured women) are ours to do with as we please." (I may not have that quote exact, but it is pretty close. It has been a long time since I read the book and I may have the changed the words bit. But my version is very close to the original.)

I propose a simple resolution to the issue. Let the Constitutional right of freedom of speech be maintained. Whoever put it up is exercising that right. Those who disagree can also exercise that right by posting signs refuting the assertions. Let the public make up its own mind about the issue.

For those who seek wisdom, I suggest one compare the life of Muhammad, as presented in the Quran, the Hadiths, and other Muslim literature, with the life of Jesus Christ as presented in the four Gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). Compare their ways of life. What did the followers of Muhammad say he did. What did the followers of Jesus say he did. Then you decide which one you would prefer to have reign over your country, your life, and your wives and daughters.

Seriously, who would you rather have controlling the future of your daughter—the man who spoke peace and comfort to an outcast woman in Samaria, and who told the religious leaders to stop mistreating a woman taken in adultery; or a man who took is son's wife, conquered towns and sold the women to the brothels after his soldiers were through with them, who gave implied assurances of peaceful resolution to armed conflict and then executed the men who surrendered and sold the women to the highest bidders in the slave market.

Who would you rather serve. One who said love your enemies and do good to those who abuse you? Or one who taught his followers to slay those who dared to disagree with him?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yep this sums it up. Not to mention the organization behind this ad (easy to find with a little research) has a history of using this tactic. Inflamatory, false statements projected into the world hoping the average person will not question it and believe it as true. Bad part is they are winning. I have talked to many average, Christian Americans who have seen this sign (via the web) and believe it to be true. When asked why...just blank stares. Then after discussing it with them and challenging them to research it to confirm its falsehood they (some not all) just say "Nah I believe its true without the research". Sad.

There are actually 6 points on the board. 4 are lies, 2 have some truth but no context.

Lies. Rapist, 6 yo wife, Behead 600 Jews, Torture nonbelivers.

I agree with you on this point. Do your own research. Evaluate the authors you read. Check their bias. Every author has one, just check to know what it is before you start the serious study.

Those you call lies have a long history behind them. Do not accept my point of view. Go read the Quran, the Hadiths, the objectives histories of Muhammad and his followers. Read how he fell into trances and his words were recorded by those standing by. Read how the sayings were gathered into one approved version and then all others were destroyed, along with those who worked on them.

Then read the history of what Jesus did and taught. Read how it was his followers who were executed, not the ones doing the execution—at least those who followed him in the early years. The Crusades were led by people who refused to obey his teaching and used his name as a means of gaining power and wealth.

Compare the ideals of Jesus with the ideals of Muhammad. What do people do when they live by the teachings of these men. It is a very enlightening study.

Again, I agree with you, 7.62, on this point. Folks should study and do their own research.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Okay, cause you said this....

. I can tell you that all but 2 of those things are complete lies with NO truth. And 2 of them have a base of truth but are being used way out of context.

Gotcha. Didnt realize the typo, thanks. Doing all this from my tiny screen on phone so excuse the grammer, spelling, typing, etc. :D

Top Bottom