New Black Panther comercial scheduled for NBA game tonight! (Marvel style)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Dammit, I thought you mean *real* Black Panthers. I was gonna tune in, that would have been fun.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Anyone else excited for the Black Panther movie coming out?

My son and I are really hyped for it.

May even get us "midnight" showing tix.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I'm just getting more and more excited about this.

Even moreso that the movie appears to be pissing off certain segments of USian society. :)

I could do without the racial grandstanding by certain others, BUT it does seem like it marks a milestone for America. My teen son wants to see it because it looks awesome, happily oblivious to any racial angles.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even moreso that the movie appears to be pissing off certain segments of USian society.

Why are people mad at a fictional character? Too manly? Too noble? Too aristocratic?

When I was a kid BP was one of those characters you could always respect as a man.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep, looking forward to this one for sure. I need to go check out some of the trailers. I think I've seen some, but doubt I've seen them all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yep, looking forward to this one for sure. I need to go check out some of the trailers. I think I've seen some, but doubt I've seen them all.

You do know Halo 2 was a LONG time ago, right? Can I get ODST or Spartan IV or something? lol

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You do know Halo 2 was a LONG time ago, right? Can I get ODST or Spartan IV or something? lol

Yeah, but its a good dual wield picture... I've played the rest of the Halo games as well, but gave up on most other video games a while back. Plus it mimics the life size Master Chief I have in the basement in that same pose...

Plus, everybody knows the Chief is the BA of all the Spartans.

By the way, Lando is a bit long in the tooth too, but everybody knows he's still the man and you don't see me asking for a Finn picture do you (which would be insulting to you as I know how you feel about the newer movies and to Lando, because well, yeah...)

FP3745-HALO-5-master-chief.jpg

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, but its a good dual wield picture... I've played the rest of the Halo games as well, but gave up on most other video games a while back. Plus it mimics the life size Master Chief I have in the basement in that same pose...

Plus, everybody knows the Chief is the BA of all the Spartans.

By the way, Lando is a bit long in the tooth too, but everybody knows he's still the man and you don't see me asking for a Finn picture do you (which would be insulting to you as I know how you feel about the newer movies and to Lando, because well, yeah...)

FP3745-HALO-5-master-chief.jpg

You have a life-size Master Chief? I'm mad jealous. I'm partial or Emile. He we out on Reach like a BA.
    As far as Lando, we'll see how the new Solo movies goes. I may update.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I just don't get it. BP is heroic, patriotic (opposed the commies and the colonialists) and the masculine ideal in any culture.

I don't get it either, but there's alot in the world I don't understand. (And INGO is more than happy pointing that out.) ;)

From what I'm reading, I am as excited about the political undertones of BP as the action. This could be more of an intellectual's superhero movie, along the lines of Civil War.

The Marvel evolution of bad guys from aliens and demi-gods to guys like the Vulture (who has a pretty relatable story) and Erik Killmonger is really good IMHO.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't get it either, but there's alot in the world I don't understand. (And INGO is more than happy pointing that out.) ;)

From what I'm reading, I am as excited about the political undertones of BP as the action. This could be more of an intellectual's superhero movie, along the lines of Civil War.

The Marvel evolution of bad guys from aliens and demi-gods to guys like the Vulture (who has a pretty relatable story) and Erik Killmonger is really good IMHO.

Ok, went back and looked though the brewhaha. A lot of b.s. tribalism nonsense. Black Panther was created by 2 Jewish guys and the nation where it is set does not exist.

I guess we just cannot enjoy a movie anymore with rigorous political examination.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, went back and looked though the brewhaha. A lot of b.s. tribalism nonsense. Black Panther was created by 2 Jewish guys and the nation where it is set does not exist.

I guess we just cannot enjoy a movie anymore with rigorous political examination.

Shenanigans. Next you'll be telling me Zamunda doesn't exist either.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I had never heard of him until this week :dunno:

but as limbaugh mentioned our racist country obviously won’t support a black superhero so ticket sales will suck

Top Bottom