• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    into a wreck. I was heading to work on my lunch break and a lady stopped at a stop sign, said she didn't see me and proceeded through. I couldn't stop in time.

Some of you may remember my last accident when the other insurance company tried to say I was partially at fault for an accident that wasn't my fault. I learned my lesson from that accident.

Here is the previous accident thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s-should-i-start-window-shopping-new-car.html

This time I didn't waste time trying to go through their insurance. I went through mine, filed a claim right away and even got an estimate for the insurance company at an approved shop that they suggested. I won't complain that it was a jeep dealership shop either. Last accident was around 4,000 dollars, this time it is over 5,000. Even if they don't total it, I'm taking the money from the damage and selling my car to a body shop for 3,800 (already been offered that) as is. Then I will take all that money and put towards my next vehicle.

My cars current state.

Still runs and drives fine, just not pretty. Gives me time to get things taken care of through insurance.

Then what I want to get in its place.

2015 Wrangler Unlimited, 53k miles. I will have a lifetime powertrain warranty through the dealership I will buy it through. I hate to have car payments again but at least it is something I want to have forever. If the money is enough, I will keep enough for atleast a soft top, maybe even new led headlights.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Jeep is nice, but with your luck, I recommend this:
    leopard_2.jpg

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I really like the tank idea! Sure the fuel mileage is horrible but I'm sure other drivers will do their darndest to get out of your way every time you come to an intersection. And if they don't that main gun will surely do the trick. LOL

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Yep, people have a hard time seeing what's on the road. My sister and BIL had a guy pull out in front of them one night, said he saw the headlights but not the car.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All my motorcycle habits carry over into cage driving. I trust no one and look to see where the drivers attention is. Even though people coming from your left (in this country) are going to hit you first, it is amazing how many people are looking at the lane they want to be in first. Many will be starting to roll to pull out in front of you when they finally turn to look in the most immediately dangerous (to them) direction. I am a liberal/liberated user of the horn as a pre-emptive strike

Glad you weren't hurt. Was there any indication of cell phone distraction? Your insurance company can easily get the meta-data on the other party's account and see if it indicates their phone was active at the time of the accident. In Ohio that can be prima facie evidence of fault if that was not assigned via citation of the other driver

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Wrangler has been pushed to the bottom of the list. I'm fine with it but once you put a car seat in the back seat, there isn't too much room.
    8F2C1696-68B9-4715-AB82-4FC084ED8EA4_zpsgrewflju.jpg

this wasn't perfect but meets the 4wd jeep requirements. Also fits car seats okay.

This is in the running but doesn't fit in my garage.

275C093A-B401-4A29-B022-A2E540B6952B_zpst0mfadtc.png

i know this will fit two car seats and an adult in the back if we ever have two car seats. Took one on vacation a few years ago with five adults being comfortable in it.

The next two are potentials for bridging the gap to when car seats will no longer be needed and I could get my wrangler finally.

320E4195-495C-454D-B244-1D939CE0ABAC_zpsp7gw8czs.png

i haven't drove this yet, but it is loaded and looks nice. Will have a dealership lifetime power train warranty. It is also cheap. I won't have near as long of car payments with it.

1C406BDA-DF0A-4AA8-8018-897DB4F08F96_zpshdfkqink.png

the only worry on this is will it fit in my garage, it is 203" long and my accord was 191" long and barely fit in my side of the garage. It also has the lifetime power train warranty.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I had a 99 xj for many years as my daily driver. At least I can easily take the doors and top off the wrangler. Your screen name looks familiar, weren't you in indyorv?
    Nope.
    Wrangler has been pushed to the bottom of the list. I'm fine with it but once you put a car seat in the back seat, there isn't too much room.
    8F2C1696-68B9-4715-AB82-4FC084ED8EA4_zpsgrewflju.jpg

this wasn't perfect but meets the 4wd jeep requirements. Also fits car seats okay.

This is in the running but doesn't fit in my garage.

275C093A-B401-4A29-B022-A2E540B6952B_zpst0mfadtc.png

i know this will fit two car seats and an adult in the back if we ever have two car seats. Took one on vacation a few years ago with five adults being comfortable in it.

The next two are potentials for bridging the gap to when car seats will no longer be needed and I could get my wrangler finally.

320E4195-495C-454D-B244-1D939CE0ABAC_zpsp7gw8czs.png

i haven't drove this yet, but it is loaded and looks nice. Will have a dealership lifetime power train warranty. It is also cheap. I won't have near as long of car payments with it.

1C406BDA-DF0A-4AA8-8018-897DB4F08F96_zpshdfkqink.png

the only worry on this is will it fit in my garage, it is 203" long and my accord was 191" long and barely fit in my side of the garage. It also has the lifetime power train warranty.
    My mom has a '12 Grand Cherokee. It's real sweet. Those Equinox's are nice as well. :twocents:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I read an article not too long ago about how used Traverses and Acadias are some of the worst vehicles to buy used due to all the issues many of them have.

The sensible thing to do would be to just have the Accord repaired and drive it until it won't go no mo'.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Not keeping the accord, it still has value to a body shop/car lot and more value then I can get out of trading it in. The issue with the accord is that A. cargo space sucks. The other issue is when we got more then 5" of snow on the previous set of tires, I couldn't go no where in it. My job I have to be able to get to work, no matter what.

Going to look at a 2016 Equinox LTZ tomorrow and the Highlander we rented a few weeks ago is available for purchase. We know the Highlander (2016 with 26k) can fit us comfortably with car seats, fit cargo. I would only add remote start and hitch.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Not keeping the accord, it still has value to a body shop/car lot and more value then I can get out of trading it in. The issue with the accord is that A. cargo space sucks. The other issue is when we got more then 5" of snow on the previous set of tires, I couldn't go no where in it. My job I have to be able to get to work, no matter what.

Going to look at a 2016 Equinox LTZ tomorrow and the Highlander we rented a few weeks ago is available for purchase. We know the Highlander (2016 with 26k) can fit us comfortably with car seats, fit cargo. I would only add remote start and hitch.

Then why not get something that's a bit older, cheaper, and more miles?

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I read an article not too long ago about how used Traverses and Acadias are some of the worst vehicles to buy used due to all the issues many of them have.

The sensible thing to do would be to just have the Accord repaired and drive it until it won't go no mo'.

I agree, I used to be a GM guy.
    Now I would only consider GM vehicles with the LS series engines.

I have see numerous coworkers with issues with the Acadia, Enclave and Equinox. My inlaws Equinox had to have the timing chain and new piston rings repaired under warranty and then the transmission went out at a little over 80,000 miles which was outside of the 5 year power train warranty.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    just in case your curious you can put 3 forward facing car seats in a JK unlimited, it's tight, but do-able.

also, you can fit 2 forward facing seats, and a booster in an XJ

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Get a Subaru. All wheel drive and decent gas mileage and excellent safety.

Fixed that right up for you.

By the way, the last Subie I sold had 274,000 miles on it, and still going strong. Had some supporting system issues, and had had some maintenance along the way, but nothing major...things like timing belts, sway bar links, that kind of thing.

274,000, and I bet it has hit 300,000 by now.

-Nate

Top Bottom