• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I will have to be commuting between fishers and greenfield starting this week. Typical commute times. Just wonder what may be the fastest way. Definitely going to avoid 69 to 465, even at 7am that's sluggish. Figured I would use 96th to head east out of the densely urban area. Then I can either use Fortville pike or maybe some country roads. Idk how busy Fortville pike is, was wondering maybe I can be cooking down the lesser used roads to save some time. Anyone got some info?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Depending on what part of Fishers you're in...

Fall Creek to Shadeland to 465 flows very well. Then it's only a few more miles to 70. I drove this for two years commuting downtown Indy. It's definitely better than 69 to 465.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    This is a good route too. There's also very few stop signs on 500n, it will dump on to fortville pike as well.

The biggest slow down with olio is through mccordsville.

I agree. Especially from 67 to 650n.

Also watch your speed around 300n when you pass the airport going south. As you get closer to the roundabout at 300n & Olio/Mt Comfort Rd/600w your limit drops from 50 to 45 to 35 to 30 in a matter of no time.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Plug the address into a smart phone (Android with Google maps) and let it tell you the fastest route. I often drive around town with GPS Nav on just to avoid unforeseen traffic delays. If an Android phone has location tracking enabled it will feed real time traffic updates back to Google and updates travel times.

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I ended up using Oilo, and 500 and honestly don't remember what else but I zig/zagged my way through the country roads. Might not have been the fastest but definitely the most relaxing. Way better than fishers to downtown, on binford/fall creek. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom