• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's looking like my wife and I are going to need to hire the services of one in order to get going on a project to turn a garage into living space. Much more involved process than just putting up walls...

So - if you're an architect - send me a PM with your company's information, please!

Or list it here.

Or even recommend a company to me!

Thanks.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My unsolicited opinion: I've never seen one of these jobs look like they were part of the original. Think as a seller. Ask a local realtor's opinion on what you plan to do.
    Good luck whatever you decide.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My unsolicited opinion: I've never seen one of these jobs look like they were part of the original. Think as a seller. Ask a local realtor's opinion on what you plan to do.
    Good luck whatever you decide.

It definitely won't look original to the house. Two owners ago - the guy had a 3-car garage added on to the back of the house. South end has a 2-car garage door. The north end, towards the actual house, was "work space" - but a car on dollies could be pushed over there without issue and STILL have room to work. We bought the house with intentions of turning it into living space "Eventually". It'll likely just be a big square room with at least a half bath. Laundry facilities are already back there now so those'll probably be enclosed as well.

Architects are Expensive! A General Contractor should be able to consult on your needs and come up with a workable plan. Check past customers and talk to your Building Inspector.

Indeed. We haven't formally decided to go with an architect just yet. I would like to talk with a few, though, to determine if that's what needs done. And, yes, a GC is most likely who we'll end up with based on cost alone. Our project isn't as if we're starting from scratch - but we're starting at about 30% as the "shell" has already been constructed - and constructed well.

Top Bottom