• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Came out on xbox today...My brother bought an advanced copy a couple of weeks ago and I held off borrowing his figuring it would show up on xbox soon enough...Missing 411 deals with the large amount of people that go missing in our National Parks and National Forests and are never found or are found far away in unusual circumstances...David Paulides, the author of the Missing 411 series of books is a retired police officer and does a great job investigating these cases.....

One of the cases, Treeny Gibson, took place in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park back in the 1970's...We were there a week after they called off the search for her and I remember my dad and my uncle having a few beers around the fire speculating as to how a 14 year old girl with 40 fellow students disappeared on one of the most popular trails in the park and left not a trace....

"Bear? Wild boar???"

"Can't be...There would have been signs..."

"Why didn't the dogs pick up a scent???"

"I don't know..."

"It's a well marked trail....How could no one have seen ANYTHING???"

"I don't know brother...It's weird..."

Various radio show interviews with Paulides are on youtube and well worth listening too...I will watch it tonight and let INGO know what I thought...My uncle tried to get me to listen to his interviews for years on Coast to Coast or Art Bell and I told him I am not into that UFO/Bigfoot stuff on AM radio and he said this was different...

What I like is Paulides just gives the facts and doesn't speculate on the cause....One side note...The National Park Service keeps NO record of missing people in the Parks...That's in itself is weird....

[video=youtube;DLKauzDGnN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLKauzDGnN0[/video]

[video=youtube;rjDy2srebK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjDy2srebK8[/video]

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ive heard a lot about this in the past year or two. Definitely interesting to say the least. I'll have to check out the movie

Top Bottom