• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Now that it's official, let's hear some predictions. I think if this were an MMA match then McGregor would destroy him. In a boxing match though, I don't see Mayweather losing. Ultimately, I think this is just a money grab for McGregor. I don't think he's even the best boxer in the UFC and he certainly isn't going to outbox a guy who is arguably the greatest of all time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I hope McGregor whups his ***. After seeing some background on Conor, I have a LOT of respect for that guy. He's a showboat, but there's a reason behind it. He probably comes as close to Ali in how he approaches his life, than anybody I can think of. Conversely, while Mayweather is one of the best boxers ever, I can't stand him. Nothing about that pillow punching guy I like. That said, Mayweather will probably win.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Mayweather by DQ: Mayweather will whoop him boxing, Macgregor will do some MMA on him before getting DQd.

PS: I hope Macgregor knocks him out at start of fight!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Mayweather by DQ: Mayweather will whoop him boxing, Macgregor will do some MMA on him before getting DQd.

PS: I hope Macgregor knocks him out at start of fight!

He'll have to to have a chance. Mayweather doesn't knock anyone out. He's always going the distance, so if it goes to the later rounds, he'll have the edge in stamina as well as being the superior boxer. If Conor doesn't take him out by the halfway mark, he'll probably lose... on a decision.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I dunno, Kut, Macgregor trains for UFC championship fights, 5 rounds at 5 minutes a piece that may be entirely grappling on the floor. He's probably got some good cardio. I see Mac having an advantage in being 'used' to getting hit with a 4oz MMA glove, but they're using 10oz boxing gloves. As said above, Mayweather is more of a distance guy, despite half his wins being KOs (real KOs or TKOs, I dunno).

Mac is also MUCH younger than Mayweather. Should be a good contest, assuming someone doesn't land one on the button early on.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Now that it's official, let's hear some predictions. I think if this were an MMA match then McGregor would destroy him. In a boxing match though, I don't see Mayweather losing. Ultimately, I think this is just a money grab for McGregor. I don't think he's even the best boxer in the UFC and he certainly isn't going to outbox a guy who is arguably the greatest of all time.
    I would call Mayweather very likely the greatest defensive boxer of all time, but there is no way I see him as the best overall. I would love to see Connor lay him out, but if it is straight boxing I don't think it's going to happen.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    It will be extremely boring fight like most of Floyd's fights for the last 15 years. Nobody can hit the guy. Floyd has had 4 KO's since 2003, it's his style, he is the best at it but it's not fun to watch.

If this was a kick boxing match it would be much more interesting to me. At least low kicks. If the best boxers in the world can't get a lick on Floyd ,I don't see how McGregor can.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It will be extremely boring fight like most of Floyd's fights for the last 15 years. Nobody can hit the guy. Floyd has had 4 KO's since 2003, it's his style, he is the best at it but it's not fun to watch.

If this was a kick boxing match it would be much more interesting to me. At least low kicks. If the best boxers in the world can't get a lick on Floyd ,I don't see how McGregor can.

If it were kickboxing: #1 There would be no fight as Floyd would never agree, #2 if he temporarily went insane and agreed, he would get wiped out...fast.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Ive been boxing for 18 years and started doing some mma and I think both guys are going to have some adjusting but more Conor. THe area is smaller, gloves, natural tendency to kick and grab are a few things Conor has to deal with. Mayweather style is more defensive and Conor is very aggressive and charges in when he wants a knockout punch which Mayweather is used to. Ive heard some people (who have never boxed or did any combat sports) say that essentially Mayweather wont know what to do as if an MMA punch flurry is different than a boxing one, having evperienced both they are about the same. Boxers train from day one to keep their guard very tight and snap out and punch and bring it right back. MMA starts form day one dealing with multiple ways of attacking with different tools so Hicks law comes into play in that MMA just has more options to use and deal with which is why I think this is Floyds to win. Conor would have the major advantage IF it wasnt straight boxing rules. Id like to see a second fight regardless of who wins with relaxed MMA rules. Either way this is all about money and I wouldnt doubt if someone pulls out due to injury or something. I wont pay to see this circus and dont care. I remember the duel between Donovan Bailey and Michael Johnson years ago to see who would be the " worlds fastest man" and that ended was disappointing so I hope this at least is exciting all the hype has already made these guys a ton of cash and exposer.

Top Bottom