• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    I saw the sticky in this section for the help wanted. From what I have read it seams to be for some temporary help/assistance. I am a recent transplant to the NWI area, Lake County, anyone have good job leads or opportunities they might know about within the area? I am definitely on indeed and monster. Just no luck on the applications I have put in yet through them. I also did see the sign for the open interviews for the Lake County juvenile detention center if anyone can give me insight into that.

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    Definitely not cut out for CDL work Just checked koorsen, nothing near my location. Thanks so far for the quick responses so far. I will say I have a back ground in water treatment, did some work as a paraprofessional (teacher aide) and a few other jobs in the past. Been wondering if anyone in my area knows who does the water treatment as I cannot seem to find squat on any information other than Whiting.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    American Water- Indiana and various municipalities.

So, other than the areas you worked in before, what are your skills? More importantly, what do you want to be doing long term?

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    I am good at math, inputting data, lab work, teaching/instructing. I have spatial awareness when it comes to loading items or setting up displays. I would like to do similar to what I was doing in my old water treatment job. It was a mixture of operational duties, lab work, some minor maitenance (nothing serious). An opportunity where I am not doing the same thing day in and out like an assembly line.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    go to a work one aka unemployment. they have a list of places that are hiring, dont have to be unemployed to go there, they also have some training available like word and help with resumes, its free

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    How far are you prepared to travel? Are you prepared to work evenings. weekends, holidays? If you have the ability to be flexible there are usually a lot of openings in hospitality.

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    Travel, I would like to stay in my area, as for work schedule I am open. I am looking at the recommendation awames76 gave me. Signing up there now.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Definitely not cut out for CDL work Just checked koorsen, nothing near my location. Thanks so far for the quick responses so far. I will say I have a back ground in water treatment, did some work as a paraprofessional (teacher aide) and a few other jobs in the past. Been wondering if anyone in my area knows who does the water treatment as I cannot seem to find squat on any information other than Whiting.

Watcon in South Bend does water treatment. They use to test all water we ran threw our boilers and threw out production. I haven't had that job in about 20 years, but I know they still exist. You might check with them.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Find out where the area Well drillers send their water samples in to be tested. If not directly to the local treatment facility, often times they send it to a private lab for testing. Such labs may be easier to get into than a treatment plant or municipality where nepotism can run rampant. Do you have a water treatment operator certification? Most facilities are looking for someone with certification and will have to send them off to classes to obtain such certs. Doing so if you don't already have them would put you a leg up. It is not a easy test to pass and requires a serious commitment by the student. I was told last year it was a 10% pass rate while I was taking a somewhat similar class and test. Best of luck in your search.

JDimitri

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2017
    Crown Point
    I am licensed with the state of Texas. I have been wondering what type of reciprocity Indiana has with the state. Something to look into, the private sector and nepotism does not surprise me.

Top Bottom