Has anyone ever heard of the Volokh Conspiracy blog before??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I was looking up recent stuff about the HPA and came across an article apparently from the Washington Post, but, instead of the BS laced diatribe I expected, was an unbiased, truthful exposition about supressors/silencers and the HPA. You can read it here. So, I searched this blog for other gun-related posts, and I found one arguing against the idea that the 2nd Amendment only applies to muskets and single shot pistols. This is definitely NOT what I've come to expect from the WaPo, and I was pleasantly surprised! From what I read on the blog's page, the contributors are all either law professors or lawyers. They don't write specifically about guns only, but they write unbiased and well researched pieces about guns and other topics.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    The Volokh blog is one of the best viewed legal blogs on the 'net. There are a number of consistently good blogs about firearms and the 2nd Amendment. I've been following them for well over ten years and have corresponded with Prof. Volokh on a number of occasions. A very approachable guy.

However... and this is a huge however... Volokh believes that a complete ban on AR style rifles is perfectly Constitutional because there are "plenty of other guns you can use." Which goes to show that even a good 2nd Amendment supporter can have major failings in their understanding of the right to keep and bear arms.

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Hmmm... Apparently, I'm living under a rock.

That's too bad. I'm surprised that that sort of thing would be something he would agree with, but I'm sure he's intelligent enough to make a cogent argument in favor of the ban. The two pieces I referenced above were both written by David Kopel. I'm not sure if he shares Dr.Volokh's views on the AR or not.

I'm still surprised that the blog was taken in under the Washington Post's banner and not a more 2A friendly rag.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Eugene Volokh is a brilliant guy I've known about for at least twenty years now, a real breath of fresh air.

Top Bottom