• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Anyone have experiences with an 07 Camry? I have been reading about oil burning issues. The one I am looking at has been well maintained by the dealer. I have the carfax report (I paid for myself) that shows all the maintenance records. Any opinions appreciated.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought an '07 Camry SE V6 in fall of 2006 after being stranded in Savannah, GA from a deer v car incident.
    I have the V6 and haven't had oil consumption problems, but the 4 cylinders have had many more complaints.
    I've been very lucky.
    NOTE that the 2007 is the first year for this generation of Camry, and the 2007 had many "teething" problems.

I would be VERY skeptical of this car, and would probably avoid it.

Toyota Camry Problems | CarComplaints.com

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Have the 2009 1.8 TOY engine in a Pontiac Vibe. 5 speed stick so anyone under 25 can't drive it. Nice little engine. Use the 0-20 synth oil. Normally 8-10k between changes and almost zero oil useage between changes. I understand there are two years in between the engines but even the old r2000 engines in the TOY trucks lasted forever. vibe at 109k almost all highway miles. Only real issues have been a Fan shaft broke to the cooling system 200 part. Normal breaks tires ect. Just noticed a wheel bearing starting to have a whine this week. Most investigate that soon.

Then again i also short short shift the RpM's so it hits like 2k shift. Hits 3k at 70 MPH. Wish it was a six speed.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Thanks for the advice. I passed on this one. Trying to buy a used car around 5k is getting more difficult than I expected. There are some rear pieces of work out there. Had one guy try and hide the fact it was a salvage title.

evo2125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    indianapolis
    Have a camry at the shop i work at with a bad engine Its a 4cyl. Stay away. Like someone else mentioned 2007 was the new style for that camry. If your budget is 5k, theres plenty of options out there. And yes be careful of the salvage and rebuilt tittle cars.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Look at the vibes. Toyota's (matrix) with the Pontiac tag and on star. The toyota's will run higher and the vibe's run lower on the resale market. Purchased my 2009 for 6k with 30k miles most likely because it was a stick shift. Like the stick in smaller cars personally unless you get stuck in a traffic jam. Now setting at around 109k with very little issues other than regular maintance

for a daily driver it it works fine. Been payed off for some time now and still pulling in the benifits of a strong runner with dependable rides.

Top Bottom