• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    How is T-Mobile around central Indiana? I've been with Sprint for over a decade and my S4 is dying a slow death. I never would have imagined I could upgrade to an S8 and it would be a downgrade! Apparently with all the newer Sprint phones, you cannot be on a call and use data at the same time. This was never an issue on the S4 and I'd rather not loose my ability to multitask.

As far as I can tell, this can be done with T-Mobile's S8s. How is T-Mobile's coverage? I can tell you exacty where Sprint will drop a call around Indy, up 65 to Chicago and 37 south of the city. Coverage is very limited/sporadic on Lake Monroe and at Raccoon SRA, forgettaboutit. But over the years, I've gotten used to it.

I hear Verizon/AT&T's coverage is unmatched, but so is their prices. To me, it's not worth doubling my bill to make this happen. I'd just assume buy a new S4 on eBay and be done with it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The answer is, it depends! I have 13 T-Mobile lines for my business and personal use. Sometimes I can't make calls, but can surf all the internet I can get, sometimes vice versa?

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I have T-Mobile, for over ten years, and it has done me well. The phone signal rarely drops, the data signal isn't great outside of the metro area. If you are near a major highway it is usually good but back in the woods is sketchy at best.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Thanks. Sounds like service is pretty similar, might need to try it out. S8 seems like a downgrade from the S4 thought, but it may be just due to not being able to talk on my bluetooth and browse the web.

myhightechsec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2016
    The Region
    T-Mobile sucks in North Central Indiana once you get a little south of South Bend. On Rt. 30 from just past Valpo and anywhere south of that I can't get a signal when I travel east

Top Bottom