• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    8YO daughter wants her ears pierced, and Mrs Monkey wants a simple tattoo on her foot.

Any suggestions? We figured those professional artists would be better than some kid at a mall boutique for our daughter.

suggestions?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I ordered a needle off ebay and Pierced my belly button myself. That was 20 years ago. I can't recall the seller.
    But I still have the needle and would be willing to help a brother out! lol! :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    For your 8 year old daughter, I suggest going to a mall boutique. Such places pierce children's ears an order of magnitude higher than a tattoo shop. Piercers at tattoo shops don't use a piercing gun, like earring boutiques, they use a straight needle and puncture the ear by hand. That's just my opinion.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    For your 8 year old daughter, I suggest going to a mall boutique. Such places pierce children's ears an order of magnitude higher than a tattoo shop. Piercers at tattoo shops don't use a piercing gun, like earring boutiques, they use a straight needle and puncture the ear by hand. That's just my opinion.

I do agree ! ! !

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Just curious, why would you want someone to shove needles in your 8 year old daughters ears, other than she wants earrings beacause everyone else does

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Funny thing is the wife was told the opposite. Go to a pro who's livelihood is putting holes in skin vs a minimum wage worker that is trained for 20 minutes.

Just curious, why would you want someone to shove needles in your 8 year old daughters ears, other than she wants earrings beacause everyone else does

Dont get me started... I'm indifferent, and this isnt a hill worth dying on.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    ^ So someone actually is listening to me :)
    Lol.

I pierced my tongue back in the day with a big sewing needle (heavy gauge for denim I think). I later did my labret with a 12g hypodermic needle from TSC. The latter was way sharper and much closer to what actual body piercing parlors use.

When I decided to "gauge" my ears in high school, I pierced them with a regular sewing needle and then forced a 6g hoop through the fresh hole... an ear meat plug popped out the other side with the hoop. I later trimmed off the "hanging chad" of ear meat with cuticle scissors.

In hindsight, probably none of this was a great idea. :facepalm:

Top Bottom