• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierglock40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hello all, I am about to graduate college this fall and am wanting a career in law enforcement. I will be starting application processes in the near future and am wanting to do a few ride alongs with different departments. IMPD would be great, or any of the local departments/surrounding counties. I have been on ride alongs with a few INGOers a couple years back and it went great!

Due to work I'm looking for Sun, Mon, Wed, for a day/late shift or Sun, for a night shift. I have quite a bit of free time coming up so a date on the future would be fine too! If any officers on here are willing to have me along or have a recommendation, I would greatly appreciate it!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Try sending PMs to members Frank N. Stein, VUPDBlue or Denny347. They are all with IMPD and anyone of them should be able to get you pointed in the right direction

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Contact Ann Gallagher to set one up with Carmel PD. All ride-a-longs go through her.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So what happens when a civilian is riding along and bad **** goes down? Do they just stay in the car or do they have to get out and clear the area?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So what happens when a civilian is riding along and bad **** goes down? Do they just stay in the car or do they have to get out and clear the area?

Funny you should say that. I kicked up a pursuit one time, at 96th/Keystone, and had a rider my sup gets on the radio, and starts asking me if I still had my rider (yeah, in the middle of a pursuit), and made me kick him out at 96th/College. Lucky for me, the BG also stacked it up in the same area. People were pretty mad about how that was handled, and now we no longer kick out riders in such instances. They signed the liability form, so they know what they're getting into.... however, it is understood that once other officers arrive, cars with riders are to drop out and/or be in a secondary role.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I did one with Fishers PD last year and we ended up in an apartment complex where a guy had barricaded himself inside because an officer had tried to pick him up on an outstanding warrant. He obviously didn't feel like coming out and several officers were called in to potentially breach the door and perform a dynamic entry.

They basically just told me to sit tight at the end of the hallway and keep my head down if things got noisy. The guy ended up coming out peacefully once they told him they were coming in one way or another.

Later in the evening we got called out for a suspicious vehicle in a park after hours. It turned out to be two teens getting to know each other in a biblical sense. :naughty:

Unfortunately for that one, I was told to stay in the car.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom