• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    [video=youtube;t4zSIVpVMaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw[/video]

I think 173mph was as fast as he got on the track. The capabilities of new sports cars is amazing. I dig the old classics, but wow. The next 'Vette will probably suck the pavement up behind it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    [video=youtube;t4zSIVpVMaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw[/video]

I think 173mph was as fast as he got on the track. The capabilities of new sports cars is amazing. I dig the old classics, but wow. The next 'Vette will probably suck the pavement up behind it...

I have this Video on my FB page.
    I love the way he slings the car around right on the edge of the tires. He makes them cry.
    No paddles. He is shifting it.
    Not sure what Ford has to answer this one. I am talking out the door factory not a Rousch skunk works car.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I love the way he slings the car around right on the edge of the tires. He makes them cry.
    No paddles. He is shifting it.

Yeah, it's a great car/driver combo. The second time I watched it, I just watched his hands and how he manipulates the steering wheel. Scrubbing off small amounts of speed with the wheel, working the angles, etc.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd like to try something like that someday. I doubt I could go through some of those turns 90+mph though. :D

I think the fastest I've ever driven was 135 mph, and that was on a straight stretch of interstate with a helicopter spotting for me. Any idiot can go fast. Going fast and turning, that's another deal altogether. I'm sure that guy knows that track better than he knows his own house...but yeah. Years of training and experience there. Watch how he keeps the RPM in the fat part of the power band. I don't get to get my Camaro in those RPMs very often. It's fun to drop it into 3rd and scoot past a semi, but you'll be way way above anything approaching legal and reasoanble speeds real quick if you aren't watching. My SS is much more capable than I'm willing and able to push it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I think the fastest I've ever driven was 135 mph, and that was on a straight stretch of interstate with a helicopter spotting for me. Any idiot can go fast. Going fast and turning, that's another deal altogether. I'm sure that guy knows that track better than he knows his own house...but yeah. Years of training and experience there. Watch how he keeps the RPM in the fat part of the power band. I don't get to get my Camaro in those RPMs very often. It's fun to drop it into 3rd and scoot past a semi, but you'll be way way above anything approaching legal and reasoanble speeds real quick if you aren't watching. My SS is much more capable than I'm willing and able to push it.

I'm not sure I've ever owned anything that could go much over a 100. Any time I've ever even gotten halfway close to that, the vehicle. Let me know it didn't like it much. :)

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

I have been 163mph in a ripped LS1 Camaro, was not a good time.

Been 140mph is a blown Mustang, it was fast but had 3.73 gears and was out of gear.

Here is a video I made while in Mexico in a ZL1, I had the person holding the camera get rid of it when I hit 145mph to get a little better control, rolled out at 150+-mph.

Would love to own a new ZL1 1LE!!!

https://youtu.be/veSRzevt_dM

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not sure I've ever owned anything that could go much over a 100. Any time I've ever even gotten halfway close to that, the vehicle. Let me know it didn't like it much. :)

I've owned 4 Camaros, 1 Corvette, and the PD has given me a hand full of Crown Vics and a Charger. My current Camaro SS/RS is the most capable by far. And it's a dog compared to the forced induction model in the video.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    And people say: "if you won the lottery what could you possibly spend all that money on?" :)

Well, for one I could buy one of these and rent a track!

Very cool. Thanks.

BTW my top speed was 130 or so. Speedo was topped out at 120 and the needle went past, but I still count it as 130.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think you would die but I am positive you would crash.

I learned a long time ago I am a lot faster than I am good when turning is involved.
    I can drive about anything and have done well enough in a USAC Midget but I all to often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. Same on a bike. I can run up front but leading is a whole next level thing.
    I am more of a drag racer at heart. Straight line high speeds are a cinch.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A playlist I listen to on Spotify is by a guy with the handle: Schwedenkreuz. First time I've ever seen that area of the track on video.

Thanks!

nurburgring-cornering-map-guide-download.jpg

Top Bottom