• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Police guys what do you keep in your patrol bag? my first shift is this weekend and im just now putting my bag together. so far it contains the following:

large IFAK
    more quick clot, israelis and TQs
    germX
    more germX
    baby wipes
    extra glock mags
    a couple ar mags for my partner (im not rifle qualified yet)
    tape measure and side walk chalk
    spare socks
    batteries for lights and dept. red dots
    extra light
    standard cuffs x 1 and fat guy cuffs x1
    pt belt for traffic
    cliff bar
    pens pencils and notebooks
    ic book
    super thick nitrile gloves
    and a 1qt canteen

it seems like a lot but it fits in a smallish bag

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Police guys what do you keep in your patrol bag? my first shift is this weekend and im just now putting my bag together. so far it contains the following:

large IFAK
    more quick clot, israelis and TQs Carry those in my uniform, spares in a kit attached to my headrest.
    germX Car door
    more germX
    baby wipes
    extra glock mags I carry a patrol rifle so i don't carry spare pistol mags in my car. If I need more pistol mags and I go to my car, I'm grabbing my rifle.
    a couple ar mags for my partner (im not rifle qualified yet)
    tape measure and side walk chalk Nope
    spare socks Nope, Danners keep me dry.
    batteries for lights and dept. red dots Yup
    extra light On my belt
    standard cuffs x 1 and fat guy cuffs x1 In my glove box with my leg shackles
    pt belt for traffic In my trunk and I never use it.
    cliff bar No
    pens pencils and notebooks Yup, spare pens, no need for pencils.
    ic book All online anymore
    super thick nitrile gloves Handful in my uniform cargo pants pocket, extra in trunk
    and a 1qt canteen No

it seems like a lot but it fits in a smallish bag

My front seat bag has gotten so much smaller over the years. It pretty much just hols clipboard, report notebook, metal container that holds my paperwork, pens, and cae cards.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My front seat bag has gotten so much smaller over the years. It pretty much just hols clipboard, report notebook, metal container that holds my paperwork, pens, and cae cards.

Still driving a Crown Victoria? (I have a more than passing familiarity with the interior ;))

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Gloves, IFAK, and extra light are good. I would really suggest working a few months and figuring out what you actually need or want based on experience. I started out carrying a lot more crap than I do now. Trunk space is limited in the new Chargers so that was part of it, but I also found items I'd carried for years and never used.

What I use regularly:

Nitrile gloves
    Camera
    Hand sanitizer
    Extra paperwork/forms/bags
    Lysol spray
    Water bottle
    Stickers for the kids
    Batteries/SD cards

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm not in LE, but the people that have been around and put time in seem to be keeping less stuff in their cars (interior). They seem to be carrying more on them so it's with reach without having to go back to their cars. Since the chargers and interceptors seem to have less trunk space they have had to thin some stuff down there too. But it's amazing how much crap some guys have in the trunk of their cars. You can really tell who lives in their cars and who keep it more about doing the job.usually those that live in the car are slobs, those that keep it organized have a much more professional appearance. My advice would be keep asking people what they have and keep it organized and clean. Also, from the outside looking in don't skimp on anything that might be officer safety related. Stay safe and don't do anything stupid

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The IFAK is good. However, in our trauma classes, we are advised to not use Quickclot as it makes the treatment of the wound harder for the Docs. We were told that Quick Clot is for areas where emergency treatment is more distant than it is here. Anyway just what we were instructed take it for what you paid for it.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    some of the stuff is required by the dept. like the tape measure and chalk. I looked at my brothers bag and a few of the other officers and kind of went from there. It will be easier when i get my car but i have to share while on fto. I know im gonna switch it all up after a while. My SAR gear had all kinds of crap in it until i went on an actual search and paid a guy to haul a bunch of useless crap back to the cars lol. Will probably ditch the cuffs in the car to make them easier to get to.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The IFAK is good. However, in our trauma classes, we are advised to not use Quickclot as it makes the treatment of the wound harder for the Docs. We were told that Quick Clot is for areas where emergency treatment is more distant than it is here. Anyway just what we were instructed take it for what you paid for it.

You should seek better medical training...

Top Bottom