• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The trusty Silverado had a 30 gal fuel tank, but my new ride as a mere 22 gal capacity. It rips a hole in my immortal soul to not get as close as possible to the 35 gal limit with my Kroger fuel points. Due to Rx and double points on weekends, I had an $0.85/gal discount yesterday. There was no way I was leaving with only 20 gal at best, so naturally I took some 5 gal gas can with me.

Yes, I am one of Those People now.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The trusty Silverado had a 30 gal fuel tank, but my new ride as a mere 22 gal capacity. It rips a hole in my immortal soul to not get as close as possible to the 35 gal limit with my Kroger fuel points. Due to Rx and double points on weekends, I had an $0.85/gal discount yesterday. There was no way I was leaving with only 20 gal at best, so naturally I took some 5 gal gas can with me.

Yes, I am one of Those People now.

FYI I usually bring both cars to hit my max.... so don't sweat it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I note that you HAVE NOT brought your new idea by the office for inspection.

I note this, as I am keeping score.

3916279.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I do the same. I'll take three or four 5-gallon cans with me when filling up the wife's "gasser". I'll also run the diesel down under a 1/4 tank (I hate doing that) when we have $1 off/gallon. Nothing beats diesel for $1.29 or so.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Do you carry as much crap in your new ride as you did in the Silverado?

No, and I will do that with this vehicle. My life has changed.

I do the same. I'll take three or four 5-gallon cans with me when filling up the wife's "gasser". I'll also run the diesel down under a 1/4 tank (I hate doing that) when we have $1 off/gallon. Nothing beats diesel for $1.29 or so.

Amen!

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I used to load up my 55 gallon cube so I had fuel on hand.
    I quit doing that now since I have been running Country Mark ethanol free gas in my lawn equipment.

Unloading a full 55 gallon tank out of the back of the truck was always nerve racking. I used a tow strap and engine crane.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    OK- I'll admit, I'm slow to this Kroger gas limit party... BUT you need to let the rest of us lower INGO folks in on the racket...

What gives, need to get a Kroger points card or something?

I'm old and have no shame to hold up a line to get my discount...

Somebody toss Rhino a new knife or something...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some things are clearing up in my mind...

Don't forget to get a crystal clear mental image. That you can never, ever un-see.

How did you get the nickel off? We get discounts in 10 cent increments. 100 points = 10 cents off.

I think it might be because I have a Kroger VISA card.

I used to load up my 55 gallon cube so I had fuel on hand.
    I quit doing that now since I have been running Country Mark ethanol free gas in my lawn equipment.

Unloading a full 55 gallon tank out of the back of the truck was always nerve racking. I used a tow strap and engine crane.

That would be stressful.

OK- I'll admit, I'm slow to this Kroger gas limit party... BUT you need to let the rest of us lower INGO folks in on the racket...

What gives, need to get a Kroger points card or something?

I'm old and have no shame to hold up a line to get my discount...

Somebody toss Rhino a new knife or something...

Yes. You need a Kroger loyalty card or a Kroger VISA (which doubles as a loyalty card). Every dollar you spend at Kroger (with some exceptions, but gift cards do count), you get one point. Each hundred points gets you an additional ten cent discount per gallon up to 35 gallons. You also get points for filling prescriptions (that can add up fast) and during the summer, if you use the coupon in the flyer, you get double points on Friday - Sunday. I had a big discount this month because of prescription refills and doing our shopping on weekends with the coupon for double points.

I left with just over 30 gal, which means I $25.50 for the purchase. I need the fuel anyway and Kroger is usually among the lower priced vendors in Crawfordsville. So that's over $25 in my pocket for something I had to buy anyway.

Top Bottom