This is the best thing I have ever made.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is the best thing I have ever made. A stool made of walnut for my son.

7F54E1C5-99A1-4F9C-A7AB-FBEA3570862F_zps0fw0ya88.jpg

7E7F91C2-3ED0-48CD-9454-9E7161B8A789_zpsbm9aoxfg.jpg

CC14B426-91C3-430C-8C24-C4EB4AF1DD2D_zpsiqd8odf6.jpg

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    A quick observation and question.

If you took the time to fit the rungs into the splayed legs, why cut stenciled letters into a rectangle board and stick it on the side?

You should have spent the time to mortise and tenon the name board into the legs with the matching angle. Much stronger, and a more professional appearance.
    What type of glue was used? It could potentially be disassembled and rebuilt with this method.

Just trying to be helpful. You are close enough, I could do an engraved name, if you supply the wood.
    I could even fit it for you, but I'm sure you want it to be an heirloom piece made by dad.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

If you took the time to fit the rungs into the splayed legs, why cut stenciled letters into a rectangle board and stick it on the side?

You should have spent the time to mortise and tenon the name board into the legs with the matching angle. Much stronger, and a more professional appearance.
    What type of glue was used? It could potentially be disassembled and rebuilt with this method.

Just trying to be helpful. You are close enough, I could do an engraved name, if you supply the wood.
    I could even fit it for you, but I'm sure you want it to be an heirloom piece made by dad.

The name plate is held onto the bottom of the stool using a backer board for support, which includes dowel rods that's holding everything together. This is the 3rd stool I have made using this method. The previous 2 stools have held up under much abuse for the last few years.

I don't think my method makes the stool look unprofessional at all.

I happen to like it the way it is.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Wow...

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    Constructive criticism. Some people can't handle it.

If you like it, well... I guess that's what matters.
    The name looks out of place... kind of like an after-thought. That's my opinion and that's all.

There are so many options to improve the appearance.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Constructive criticism. Some people can't handle it.

If you like it, well... I guess that's what matters.
    The name looks out of place... kind of like an after-thought. That's my opinion and that's all.

There are so many options to improve the appearance. Here's one...

gLRZtcw.jpg

Dude, he said he likes it as is. It isn't your project, your kid, or your business.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dude, he said he likes it as is. It isn't your project, your kid, or your business.

Agreed.
    It has become obvious that some folks just can not help themselves.
    Enough criticism. This is not the place for it and that I have to ask this is just a bit off.

Top Bottom