• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Depends on what you do with it, accessories are not cheap.

I use mine almost everyday, but the company paid for it.

Make sure you have good dry air.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    we use them at the fab shop. when they are new and in good shape they are awesome but when they start to get even a little worn out they suck and are a nightmare. But we also use them constantly and dont take the best care of them. and our maintenance guy sucks so that plays a role in the suckiness of our tools. If you need one they are awesome and have few alternatives.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've looked into alternatives, but they don't have extra contact arms in different configurations. That's what I like, the versatility.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I "might" be able to work a deal on one with you. . . I have one I literally haven't used in at least 18 years. Let me see what shape it's in and the model and I'll get back to you.

Sorry checked last night and it went in the recent garage sale.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've looked at bunch of them, but the different contact arms is what is appealing to me. I found a Dynabrade 18100 that is half the price of their industrial model. I called and asked them about the differences and explained my intentions and they said the 18100 would work well for me.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've looked at bunch of them, but the different contact arms is what is appealing to me. I found a Dynabrade 18100 that is half the price of their industrial model. I called and asked them about the differences and explained my intentions and they said the 18100 would work well for me.

The different arms are great if you find yourself doing lots of odd jobs needing the different arms. In most cases, in real fab shops, IF they ordered the extra arms they never get used because they take time to switch out and the operator doesn't want to take the time... so they make do with what's on the machine already...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I ordered the slack belt arm for outside corners and pipe. That, and the straight arm that comes with it should be all I need for now.

Top Bottom