• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    We are a country built on revolution. Conservative or liberal, if you are naive enough to to be alarmed at "scary language " then you need this eye opener. Looks like trolling but also looks like it was needed for a lot of people.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    We are a country built on revolution. Conservative or liberal, if you are naive enough to to be alarmed at "scary language " then you need this eye opener. Looks like trolling but also looks like it was needed for a lot of people.

Well doc we grew up in the same place under similar circumstances
    I have been wondering lately what happened to the tenet of the first amendment.
    I may not agree with what you have to say but I will defend your right to say it.
    Every time I watch or listen to the news I recall reading and dissecting orwells 1984 in Mr wright's English class.
    We are living in interesting times

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    NPR has built itself a reputation where this is what people expect from them.

...add to that a lack of education about the country's founding, and this is what we get.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are written in cursive writing. This type of writing is no longer taught in public schools; future generations will not be able to read them.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution are written in cursive writing. This type of writing is no longer taught in public schools; future generations will not be able to read them.
    While not mandated by the state, schools are free to decide if/when to teach cursive. Every school system I've worked in has taught cursive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One of the issues I have with way to many people is what they see as their "Rights" and none of the gibberish they are spouting is anywhere to be found in that document.
    I now carry (most of the time anyway) a pocket version of the BOR and the Constitution. Along with a yellow hi-Liter.
    If they can find the idiocy they believe has anything to do with their rights I ask that they use the yellow Hi-liter as I wish to read it.

In the times I have made this offer none have taken me up on it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I tried that and was told "promote the general welfare" means everyone has a right to food, housing, medical care, and a minimum income provided by the government.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have to admit, when I read the "All men are created equal" part, I took the rest of the Constitution with a grain of salt.

I don't think it means what it says; it means what it means. In this case, I think it means the king (and other members of the nobility) don't have more rights than anyone else and shouldn't be treated differently by the law.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I tried that and was told "promote the general welfare" means everyone has a right to food, housing, medical care, and a minimum income provided by the government.

Pretty much. I have the right to this and that and the other. No, you do not. The pursuit of happiness is on "You" not "US"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't think it means what it says; it means what it means. In this case, I think it means the king (and other members of the nobility) don't have more rights than anyone else and shouldn't be treated differently by the law.

You mean like Congresscritters not bound by laws like Obamacare participation, insider trading laws, etc? :xmad:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What we declare and why is often more important than the many attempted and frequently failed hows and how nots which may follow

Top Bottom