• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A while back, I posted an add on Craigslist - free firewood, come get it. I had dropped six trees, and I wanted them gone. A few days later, some kid came by, took everything, and cleaned up after himself. Why can't everyone be like that?

Fast forward to today. I get a text from some guy...

A-hole - do you have any firewood left?
    Me - No, all gone sorry.
    A-hole - Man, I'm having a bonfire tonight and I really need some.
    Me - I can drop a tree if you want to cut it up and haul it.
    A-hole - I'll have to find a chainsaw, all I have is a hand saw.
    Me - Tell you what, I'll drop it, cut it up, and you haul it. I really don't want to drop it unless you're going to get it.
    A-hole - Man, that's really nice of you. I'll be there in just a few minutes!

Want to guess who didn't show up? Instead of running hard pipe for my air compressor, I decided to be nice and help this guy out. Now, I have a tree in my yard that I'll have to clean up, and still have to run air lines.

I hate people.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Chez was looking for firewood the other day, I'd pm him if I was you. I saw he had to work at 4 and clocked out already for the night

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah, I saw that in the post whore thread and offered to drop one. He never replied, so I figured he wasn't interested.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I feel your pain. I had a 41/42" flat screen I posted for free, come and get it. So this A-Hole showed up to my house and said he didn't want it because it had a scratch on the side of the plastic housing and it wouldn't look good hung up in his room. So I picked it up and dropped it in my driveway. He than told me that he would have taken it off my hands to sell to another person.. so I told him to grab some glue and go to work.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Note to self Rookie: Next time wait until dude shows up to help and make sure he actually shows up.

I had a hookup on gun powder and cheap FFL ordering from a 93 year old man. He was a conscientious objector in the war because of his Mennonite faith.

I would stop by sometimes just to talk to him and hear about his missions as a fire jumper. On one of my trips there we were just sitting and talking like we had done on many occasions.

He then said "How's your back?" I replied it's just fine why do you ask. He then said "Could you help he lift the tongue of the utility trailer so I can hook it to the Truck?"

Even though we were friends he took away any excuses about my back that I might try to use.

The guy was so full of wisdom. He would say "love all, but trust nobody"

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Usually I would do that, but this was out of the blue and I figured if the guy was having a bonfire tonight he would come get it. I mean, who would scam someone on free firewood? The thing is, this guy didn't just screw me, he screwed the next guy because I'll remember this and be more hesitant to do any favors.

Top Bottom