UK terror advice: RUN, HIDE, TELL (Don't fight?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Terror advice video for holidaymakers shows hotel attack - BBC News

RTHinone.jpg

Interesting difference compared to the US guidelines.

active-shooter-drill.jpg

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I thought all forms of violence, including self defense, were outlawed in the U.K.
    You would surely be charged with carrying a weapon if you fought back with any object, like an umbrella, a pen, or a flashlight.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I thought all forms of violence, including self defense, were outlawed in the U.K.
    You would surely be charged with carrying a weapon if you fought back with any object, like an umbrella, a pen, or a flashlight.
    So if you are going to be assaulted, lay back and enjoy it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Pretty much, yeah. And if you see someone getting robbed, mugged, etc., don't get involved; call the police and let the professionals handle it.

And if the attacker is armed the police will not get involved either, they will call the "armed police" (adding another 20 minutes delay).

So you call someone that will just call someone else that will finally show up with a gun.
    Looks like you could just directly take care of business yourself with a gun and avoid unnecessary steps.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    U.S.A. terror advice:

Draw, fire in a controlled manner, drop empty magazine, lock in fresh magazine, disengage slide lock lever, continue to engage threats until all are eliminated...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It is truly hard to imagine a society where fighting back in self defense is illegal, but that is Britain. I remember reading an article a few years ago about a man who used an umbrella to fend off an attacker. He was arrested on assault charges. Seems crime is legal in jolly old England because self defense is illegal.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    And if the attacker is armed the police will not get involved either, they will call the "armed police" (adding another 20 minutes delay).

So you call someone that will just call someone else that will finally show up with a gun.
    Looks like you could just directly take care of business yourself with a gun and avoid unnecessary steps.

And they wonder why UK is a target for terrorists. If I ever visit, I'll wear my "gun free zones are safe spaces for killers" shirt..which is probably a crime by itself.

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    I do feel bad for the British people but you elected these people that have take your right too defend yourself away. Its pretty sad when defending yourself is a crime. Screw that nonsense! I have a family and I'm still coming home too see them and your not taking that away from me.

I don't hid I engage threats with my 45!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So the UK can brag about its low rate of gun violence but glosses over the fact that wolfs now have more sheep to prey on with other forms of violence.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    These are NOT the same Brits we faced 1775-1781. Our troops were as tough as they came just to survive, had the French backing them up and it took YEARS. Transport this UK bunch back to 1775 and the Revolutionary War would've been over before the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    These are NOT the same Brits we faced 1775-1781. Our troops were as tough as they came just to survive, had the French backing them up and it took YEARS. Transport this UK bunch back to 1775 and the Revolutionary War would've been over before the Declaration of Independence was signed.

You can't judge and entire population and military based on silly guidlines from some office people who never been in a fight.
    The people at the head of their government came up with those "hide, tell ... don't fight" BS rules.

Just look at the recent attacks in London.Some people fought back the terrorists with chairs and beer mugs.

If something happens around some off duty, unarmed, SAS guys you can be sure they won't "run and hide".
    They will beat the crap out of those terrorists.
    Same way those brave US soldiers took down a terrorist armed with an AK47 in a train in France a few years ago.

Even in the US they have to be quite PC with their guidelines of "run, hide, fight".
    They can't just say "shoot them in the face, call 911 to clean the mess" even though it's what a lot of people would do instead of running away.

Top Bottom