Hawaiian soldier arrested, accused of providing documents/training to ISIS.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It will be interesting to see if this was a case of a soldier allegedly reaching and communicating with actual ISIS fighters, or a case of .gov spooks posing as ISIS and building a case by pushing the guy forward to see how far he'd take things. Allegedly.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Punish to the fullest and extreme allowed. If guilty, he has given up rights as a citizen and has therefore no rights of protection. ~~"One Man's Opinion!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Punish to the fullest and extreme allowed. If guilty, he has given up rights as a citizen and has therefore no rights of protection. ~~"One Man's Opinion!"

C'mon DDillard, there tons of issue with that belief, and why you should find it distasteful.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It will be interesting to see if this was a case of a soldier allegedly reaching and communicating with actual ISIS fighters, or a case of .gov spooks posing as ISIS and building a case by pushing the guy forward to see how far he'd take things. Allegedly.

If he thought it was ISIS, that's enough for me. You don't just decide on a whim to provide material support to terrorists. If they did reach out to him, there's probably a reason as I'm sure they don't have the manpower to reach out to random soldiers. That said, I don't care how they elected to contact him once he decided to go along with it instead of report it. Soldiers are supposed to report any attempt to get intel from them to counter-intel as soon as possible, unless things have radically changed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't see this being less than treason. This guy was a Senior NCO? The hammer will drop hard on this one, as it should if this is true.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Do you know how much rent is in HI??
    I looked at a small house in Kihei Maui in 2010. Asking price was $335 and that shack should have been condemned.
    The traitor did it for the bucks I'm thinking. IF it's all true that is....

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    When's the last time this was done?

I can't see it ever being done, ever... people are too touchy over that kind of thing. There's no way modern society would allow Death due to Treason.
    Mmmm, if memory serves, never.

Distrust of treason prosecutions was not just a transient mood of the Revolutionists. In the century and a half of our national existence not one execution on a federal treason conviction has taken place. Never before has this Court had occasion to review a conviction.

Cramer v. United States, 325 U.S. 1 (1945)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom