Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 502 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 498 499 500 501 502
Results 5,011 to 5,017 of 5017

User Info Menu

Police Chief Says Cops Shouldn't Draw Guns On Suspects With Knives

How in hell did this guy get to be a cop, much less the chief?

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...EyVeePcREQ26Qs
    You know what I like best about most people? Their dogs.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post

Ive seen this story. The guy doesn't seem to have street experience?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post

Those Brit Cops who showed up at the stabbings the other days weren't unarmed. Iceland? Seriously?? All the Icelanders either are related to, or know someone related to, all the other Icelanders. That's why they don't kill each other when loaded up on vodka.

Vermont: the State that has never required a handgun license, is lost. At the NRAAMM last April I was in line (getting Tanto's book signed) with a guy originally from Vermont who now lives in Lexington, Ky. He said it used to be a great State. Everybody and their uncle from NY, NJ, Mass, etc. moved there and ruined it.

American law enforcement leaders should instead try to mimic techniques used in countries were officers are unarmed, such as Britain or Iceland, Chief del Pozo suggested.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Those Brit Cops who showed up at the stabbings the other days weren't unarmed. Iceland? Seriously?? All the Icelanders either are related to, or know someone related to, all the other Icelanders. That's why they don't kill each other when loaded up on vodka.

Vermont: the State that has never required a handgun license, is lost. At the NRAAMM last April I was in line (getting Tanto's book signed) with a guy originally from Vermont who now lives in Lexington, Ky. He said it used to be a great State. Everybody and their uncle from NY, NJ, Mass, etc. moved there and ruined it.

American law enforcement leaders should instead try to mimic techniques used in countries were officers are unarmed, such as Britain or Iceland, Chief del Pozo suggested.
    Yeah, the Chief is not making a distinction between a homicidal man with a knife and a mental emotional man with a knife. It is quite possible that both men end up the same but the paths there COULD be very different. I am willing to give a mental emotional person time and distance in order to try to resolve it peacefully. A person with a knife who means to do me or someone else harm, does not get the same courtesy. Now, LE are our own worse enemies when it comes to lethal force. Graham v. Connor is what we base our use of force reasonableness on. It's our legal standard, it is what we train to. However, I hold the seemingly unpopular opinion that we should also train to a MORAL standard when it comes to use of force. Meaning, we should INCREASE control tactic and less-lethal tool training, with an emphasis on "hand to hand" control tactics. Even if it means training on your own time and dime. We (as a profession) can be quick to gun because we lack training. It may very well be legal but my opinion is that we should TRY to do better. This Chief might be trying to say the same thing but doing a piss poor job of it. Or maybe he's off his rocker.
    British Bobbies are unarmed with exception of the ARV's. The men and women on the front line have to use alternate means to subdue a knife wielding suspect while an ARV is on the way. Police shooting an armed suspect is quite rare. Even the Communist Chinese police (of all people) are unarmed and subdue knife wielding persons without killing them. We CAN do better but many officers have little desire to do so.
    Maybe I got this Chief all wrong but it's a great way to get the conversation started.
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

User Info Menu

Take care on your way

Master

User Info Menu

It is a mistake to judge policies and programs by intentions rather than results.

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Page 502 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 498 499 500 501 502