Mayor Hogsett, IMPD, Use of Force Policy Changes (Implicit Bias Training)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Changes to IMPD use of force policy as announced by the Mayor are all over the news this evening (including implicit bias training for IMPD training personnel)...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds expensive, this training is probably from some company with connections to the law firm that pulls stinky shoe's strings.

Always follow the money

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sounds expensive, this training is probably from some company with connections to the law firm that pulls stinky shoe's strings.

Always follow the money

Of course. Hogsh*t can throw IMPD under the bus (not starting a high-speed chase followe by an action which appears to be drawing a weapon is a good start toward not getting shot), amass a large helping of leftist street cred, and line favored pockets all in one fell swoop. What's not to love if you happen to be a crooked politician or someone connected with him?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Policy changes so soon after an incident, and before the results of the full investigation are released to the public IMO always paints a bad picture to the public. It also fuels the fire of the snowflakes who lack the intelligence and common sense to not get jammed up in the first place. Let's just keep handcuffing our LE. Sorry but I can't stand know it all politicians who inact change just for the sake of appeasing people who aren't smart enough to get in out of the rain.
    Ok done ranting....for now

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Of course. Hogsh*t can throw IMPD under the bus (not starting a high-speed chase followe by an action which appears to be drawing a weapon is a good start toward not getting shot), amass a large helping of leftist street cred, and line favored pockets all in one fell swoop. What's not to love if you happen to be a crooked politician or someone connected with him?

I don't know what happened at the time of the shooting, but I do know that the 26 year old woman (that was arrested on drug charges at the time), was also arrested for stabbing another man with a screwdriver just a few days later. But I'm sure she had nothing to do with what happened in the original incident.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It looks like this new program will check all the boxes: provides audience what they want to hear; will cost more than ever imagined; provides profit to another constituent; will never go away; does absolutely nothing.

Edit: but wait, there's more! Leads to new organization with cool acronym title/vague purpose. Acronyms, lots and lots of new acronyms.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    any changes to police use of force policies that doesnt involve pro-2A "legal experts" will make that city or town less safe. guaranteed.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Since when did Hogsh*t care about anyone else's safety?

I think he cares. He's just wrong about what works and what doesn't. He's also a politician who is listening to the cries of a large portion of his constituency that says, "Do something!" He just doesn't know what to do, so he does what he thinks is right, which doesn't work.

My mother was a liberal, and I guarantee you she cared. She would have applauded this. She was a very smart and loving person, but she did not understand that these practices aren't a real solution. They are a feel good solution.

That's my humble 2c.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I apparently have missed out on the information that led to this decision, and the other information that makes this decision universally disliked. Anybody care to share the intimate information that ya'll and the Mayor are holding back? From Tb's post, it is indicated that following the chase and crash, officers fired at the car. Well, we know no weapon was found... so can we assume there wasn't one? If we do assume there was no weapon, I'd like to ask how comfortable you guys are with shooting people after a vehicle has crashed? There may be more, but with that relevation it has become a tad bit more difficult to justify the deceased's death, if his injuries were caused when officers fired at a crashed vehicle.... and no weapon was found in the aftermath.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I apparently have missed out on the information that led to this decision, and the other information that makes this decision universally disliked.

My quibble would be that a decision appears to have been made without the information you reference, or at least without it being provided as a basis for the decision. I'm still deeply in the judgment reserved as to the shooting and the response camp.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My quibble would be that a decision appears to have been made without the information you reference, or at least without it being provided as a basis for the decision. I'm still deeply in the judgment reserved as to the shooting and the response camp.

I understand the appearance, but we both know that the mayor has more information, regarding this issue than the rest of us. The fact that he called in the Feds to investigate, to me, seems indicative of a political CYA action given how he thinks this will play out (which isn't in favor of the officers).

Top Bottom