• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you don't have any compunction about using it, you can go to Rural King and buy some glyphosphate (generic Roundup for significantly less money). It should do the job.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Mojave herbicide. Get it at siteone. Be careful, it can spread to things you didn't intend to kill.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix

OR just Round Up. I do not follow the mixing instructions. A whole bunch of concentrate to some water. Generally kills it for at least a season. Do it when it's super hot and dry. It will start to turn within 4-5 hours.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Napalm! Kill it with fire!

Napalm sticks to kids.

If you don't have any compunction about using it, you can go to Rural King and buy some glyphosphate (generic Roundup for significantly less money). It should do the job.

That's exactly what i use on my gravel driveway. Mix it about 1.5X what the directions say for more fun and more brown faster.

OR just Round Up. I do not follow the mixing instructions. A whole bunch of concentrate to some water. Generally kills it for at least a season. Do it when it's super hot and dry. It will start to turn within 4-5 hours.

I have one of these. It's good for clearing already killed weeds, but in my experience, weeds killed with this without chemical in their system come back pretty fast.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We used the higher glyphosate concentration pre-mixed Roundup on my front yard earlier this summer (yes, intentionally trying to kill all vegetation - weed, grass, flowers, you name it). It had next to no effect, even on the smaller stuff, which surprised. Anything with a stalk smaller than 1/4 inch should have been toast. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I wasn't there when it was applied.

MrAverage

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Terre Haute
    Some of the generic Roundup lack sufficient surfactant to "stick" to the blades, leafs, etc. Therefore they do not get the contact time needed to work. Check to see if it has other ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate. Otherwise, you may be able to add some dish soap to help it out.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    51OxXnmvDdL._SY355_.jpg

This has good reviews on Amazon. I bought it much cheaper at Menards.

My favorite DNR forester tells me this will work as well as the god awfully priced Roundup, if I add some surfactant.
    When mixing the concentrate in the sprayer, I put in a couple squirts out of the Dawn soap dispenser that lives near the hose spigot. Working well.

FYI - Bang for the buck is to apply glyphosate after dew is off, heading into the hot time of day. It works best above 70 degrees, 80+ is better.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some of the generic Roundup lack sufficient surfactant to "stick" to the blades, leafs, etc. Therefore they do not get the contact time needed to work. Check to see if it has other ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate. Otherwise, you may be able to add some dish soap to help it out.

In my case, it was pre-mixed Roundup brand, but that is good to know.

51OxXnmvDdL._SY355_.jpg

This has good reviews on Amazon. I bought it much cheaper at Menards.

My favorite DNR forester tells me this will work as well as the god awfully priced Roundup, if I add some surfactant.
    When mixing the concentrate in the sprayer, I put in a couple squirts out of the Dawn soap dispenser that lives near the hose spigot. Working well.

FYI - Bang for the buck is to apply glyphosate after dew is off, heading into the hot time of day. It works best above 70 degrees, 80+ is better.

Sounds like I need to be more aggressive, add some soap, and apply at the right time of day.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    We used the higher glyphosate concentration pre-mixed Roundup on my front yard earlier this summer (yes, intentionally trying to kill all vegetation - weed, grass, flowers, you name it). It had next to no effect, even on the smaller stuff, which surprised. Anything with a stalk smaller than 1/4 inch should have been toast. I'm not sure what went wrong, but I wasn't there when it was applied.

Rain washes glyphosate off, if it doesn't have time to absorb into the leaves, it could have rained shortly after your application.

Top Bottom