• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For close to a year, I've been wanting to go to Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream again. A buddy from work wanted to go for his first Big Ugly, so naturally I wanted to go and do it again. Life interfered and our respective schedules kept conflicting until this week we decided to just go on Saturday. Unfortunately he couldn't make it again so SWMBO and I decided to go anyway.

But which Bub's? I'm on the wall at Carmel, Zionsville, and Bloomington, and I heard that a new Bub's opened in Westfield, so we drove to Westfield.

My anticipation had been building for months. I was finally getting another Big Ugly, one of the best burgers available. It was going to be awesome and my only decision left was beef or elk.

When we entered Bub's Burgers in Westfield, something was wrong. Bub's is a restaurant where you sit at a table and order from a menu. This place looked a lot like a 5 Guys imitation. When we got to the sport where you order, the menu was very limited. I asked the kid behind the counter about it, and he assured me that they were associated with the real Bub's, but they "just didn't have the Big Ugly."

WTF!?!?!?

THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE BIG UGLY!

What's the point? The burger I had was good (better than 5 guys), but it paled in comparison to the Big Ugly.

Day ruined.

I'm sorry I believed in America.

#firstworldproblems #whineylittlep***y

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What is this big ugly I was so happily ignorant of 10 minutes ago?? Enlighten me

6fd63730-19cc-4e7c-bcba-44167889a283

Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream® | Home Of The Big Ugly Burger!

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    What is this big ugly I was so happily ignorant of 10 minutes ago?? Enlighten me

Rhino if I may....

The Big Ugly is only the finest hamburger on the face of our fine planet. Only to be outdone by its self if accompanied by a huge pile of diced up crunchy bacon and covered with God blessed American cheese. My only advice to you is to stop what your doing right now and run. Run as fast as you can to the nearest Bubs. I'm sad to say the Bubs burger will ruin any other burger that is not seared to perfection in the very kitchen that churns out the ... BIG....UGLY... (said in a dramatic echoey voice).

In reality it's the same burger he ate at the Bubs(ish) burgers in Westfield but not the 1lb. (after cooked) monster he was expecting. I'd be disappointed too Rhino....

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Rhino, I'm so sorry that this establishment triggered you so hard. They should have put a trigger warning on the front door. This is a travesty!! I'll make a few phone calls tonight, and we can gather a group of BJWs (burger justice warriors) to go protest and cause mayhem in front of the store

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Rhino, I'm so sorry that this establishment triggered you so hard. They should have put a trigger warning on the front door. This is a travesty!! I'll make a few phone calls tonight, and we can gather a group of BJWs (burger justice warriors) to go protest and cause mayhem in front of the store

Woohoo! Can we block an interstate????:rockwoot:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the lead. I will have to stop by the next time I have to pass through that way. The Big Ugly looks like some that would last me all day!

Do they have parking for a hybrid travel trailer (small size)? Could be the last stop before the camp site.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Last I heard you were on your way to get kerosine.... can I assume you returned and finished the job so others won't have to endure what you have?

Top Bottom