I have seen some dumb things in my 28 years of driving, but this takes the cake!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    So as some of you know there is a good deal of construction on I-65 in Clark county. I was travelling along the construction area south bound when a vehicle second in front of me hits the brakes and darts in the left lane. The car in front of me really hits his brakes and darts in the left lane. I see a car stopped in the left lane, unable to dart into the left lane I pulled onto the shoulder. The car is just sitting there in the left lane with no emergency lights on. This struck me as odd because if the car had stopped five feet earlier there was a shoulder to pull off on. I look at the car thinking there is a medical situation, or the car is incapacitated. Nope. These two IDIOTS do a driver change right there on a driving lane of I-65, I kid you not (and were not in a hurry to get it done either). There were plenty of exits to do it, not to mention a rest area just a few miles earlier. That ladies and gentlemen is some industrial strength stupid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So as some of you know there is a good deal of construction on I-65 in Clark county. I was travelling along the construction area south bound when a vehicle second in front of me hits the brakes and darts in the left lane. The car in front of me really hits his brakes and darts in the left lane. I see a car stopped in the left lane, unable to dart into the left lane I pulled onto the shoulder. The car is just sitting there in the left lane with no emergency lights on. This struck me as odd because if the car had stopped five feet earlier there was a shoulder to pull off on. I look at the car thinking there is a medical situation, or the car is incapacitated. Nope. These two IDIOTS do a driver change right there on a driving lane of I-65, I kid you not (and were not in a hurry to get it done either). There were plenty of exits to do it, not to mention a rest area just a few miles earlier. That ladies and gentlemen is some industrial strength stupid.

This level of stupid is fast becoming the norm. Always be aware. Idiots and morons are everywhere.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That level of stupid means they are either on drugs, or so stupid that we need to seriously consider a preemptive strike to prevent them from killing somebody else with their stupidity.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Stupid is so rampant it's no longer amusing or surprising.
    The end of the world is coming by "stupid accident". I was taught it would be by fire according to the book.
    Maybe the book saw this stupidity breeding to the point of voting and breathing.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Then again I have seen people from other countries who come here and just don't understand almost anything here. There were a couple of Arabs in TX who rented a van, put on the cruise control then all went to the back for a nap...there are the many who I see in the local blotter who are arrested for being middle aged and never receiving a drivers license, they don't know the laws because they don't know. I'm surprised some of them can make the vehicles go.

I'm pretty sure many people may have thought the same of me when I was driving in Italy...(though I did read the rules and get a license)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They aren't long for this world with that level of stupid. Hopefully they don't take anyone else with them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Then again I have seen people from other countries who come here and just don't understand almost anything here. There were a couple of Arabs in TX who rented a van, put on the cruise control then all went to the back for a nap...there are the many who I see in the local blotter who are arrested for being middle aged and never receiving a drivers license, they don't know the laws because they don't know. I'm surprised some of them can make the vehicles go.

I'm pretty sure many people may have thought the same of me when I was driving in Italy...(though I did read the rules and get a license)

If you want to see concentrated stupid go to any local school (IPS) and watch the parents drop off the little darlings. It is a lesson in how to avoid concentrated stupid.

The immigrants all appear to have just bought the 1st car they have ever owned and drive like they are in the homeland.

This is only matched by some of the locals that think because they are running late that the line is not for them. Attempting to force into the line in front of my big red 3500 series Chev. conversion van is not a wise thing to try. I drop my 10 year old G-daughter every morning so I get a good dose of the concentrated stupid.

Drivers ed. was dropped by the schools long ago. Parents are not training the kids properly as the parents are morons themselves for the most part. It is obvious from being around them at the school.

Yup, we are doomed.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    The level of inconsideration and dangerous driving is at an all time high. I find myself looking for back roads all the time to avoid major highways. Even if it takes me a bit out of the way.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    That level of stupid means they are either on drugs, or so stupid that we need to seriously consider a preemptive strike to prevent them from killing somebody else with their stupidity.

Reading the OP makes me think back to when I was a LEO, before retirement. Although one should be surprised by such behavior; after 27 years as a Trooper, I am not.

I often reflect that a good portion of my time in police work was helping people escape the consequences of their behavior; or in other words, circumventing the process of natural selection.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sometimes I think we need to take the safety labels off of everything and let things sort themselves out.
    I've often said that all of the safety/performance gear added to cars has made us much worse drivers. You USED to have to pay attention to drive. Now, with lane departure warnings, auto-breaking, fancy cruise control, etc..., folks get away with being much more distracted. Cars (and trucks) can now easily run 70+ down any highway without a thought. 70 used to be pretty scarey "back in the day".

I say: bring back manual brakes, manual steering, manual transmissions, floor-mounted dimmers, and crank windows.

BTW: If you want to see bad behavior, try the drop off and pickup lines at your local Christian school. Some folks have a lot to repent for. Just sayin'.

Top Bottom