• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Tonight I had the pleasure to dine with two women I did not previously know. We sat outside a mexican restaurant, enjoyed the warm evening with a slight breeze.

Conversations ranged from in depth detailed conversations about fecal transplants and the business model behind it, to having your eggs frozen because you're getting older and haven't met Mr Right yet. Apparently it's $7500 for the procedure and $3000 for the drugs to get your ovaries stimulated and ready for harvest. Sometimes your parents will pay for them even though you had to put yourself through college. One of them was proposed to the morning after a long run where she only rinsed off and didn't wash her hair. And the guy even had a professional photographer there and she wasn't ready for pics :xmad:

I learned there's a company out there taking all the extra blood tubes from blood bank donations and storing them in case anyone wants to do a study on a certain population. They can then sell the blood to the researchers rather than have to recruit volunteers. What a concept, I was blown away.

As we finished our meal I paid and got up and left to head back to our room. It was at this point I realized I never got their names. Then it occurred to me we didn't even sit at the same table. In fact, I never even said a word to them. I did however barely speak with my own family because they overpowered our table with their own convo.

People... have some tact and speak quietly when in public :xmad:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like sitting next to the guy that makes sure you can hear both sides of the conversation on his cell phone. He keeps it on speaker phone but holds it up to his ear and shouts the whole time.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I like sitting next to the guy that makes sure you can hear both sides of the conversation on his cell phone. He keeps it on speaker phone but holds it up to his ear and shouts the whole time.[/] I only do that because I'm partially deaf, and partly to annoy you!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like sitting next to the guy that makes sure you can hear both sides of the conversation on his cell phone. He keeps it on speaker phone but holds it up to his ear and shouts the whole time.[/] I only do that because I'm partially deaf, and partly to annoy you!
    Not sure how much annoyance you are getting. I am pretty nosy and don't mind listening if it doesn't go on too long.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not have an Indoor Voice.
    Living with my parents as they aged with very poor hearing exacerbated my natural tendency to be loud.
    I know it irritates some people when I am in public, but I'm not that concerned about it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I consider myself to be lucky that I can turn off my surroundings. My son asked me once how I manage that, didn't have a good explanation.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    My wife is ready to kill me when we are on a hotel elevator with other guest when I lean over to whisper loudly "I can't believe your husband hasn't found out about our affair yet"

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My wife is ready to kill me when we are on a hotel elevator with other guest when I lean over to whisper loudly "I can't believe your husband hasn't found out about our affair yet"

hah, i love it

Tough crowd today, Doc.:):

NO KIDDING. I'LL JUST SWITCH TO ALL CAPS AND SEE HOW WELL FAKE SHOUTING IS RECEIVED COMPARED TO ACTUAL LOUD SPEECH AFFECTING OTHERS :):

Top Bottom