• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yeah I have been gone for over a year..... many remember how my now ex wife ran off with our kids and all. She filed a restraining order that the court later laughed at. Had to sell the guns to a friend and all and then had all sorts of money issues. Finnaly got to buy the guns back yesterday.

So needless to say I'm glad to be back.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Welcome Back Dave.
    I hope your world is bright and sunny again.
    I went through the same divorce crap 17 years ago.
    I had to get an atty to fix that restraining order crap and gun kidnapping.
    I had a great legal mouth piece and he fixed it quick for me. Actually I don't know if he was any good as an atty but he was politically powerful and effective at accomplishing pretty much anything.
    Sadly it's a tedious and expensive process that has to be dealt with at times.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh damn. Stories like this make me want to stay single forever.

I have 2 "X"s and at the close of the 2nd one I felt the same way. Exactly the same way.

Then I met my darling spouse. in 1980. Married in 81 and still together. You have to let the proper brain do the picking.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Oh damn. Stories like this make me want to stay single forever.

Or just be sure to find the one God made for you the first time. Then keep a Christ centered marriage and things should work out. I got lucky didnt start out with that in mind. But have been with the woman that is now my wife since I was16. Im 37 now and our marriage is stronger than ever and getting better. O it has been rocky at times( son killed in auto accident, infidelity>me) it takes work but anything can be over come through Christ. It helps that I have the most amazing wife in the world. Thanks for my blessings God.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I have 2 "X"s and at the close of the 2nd one I felt the same way. Exactly the same way.

Then I met my darling spouse. in 1980. Married in 81 and still together. You have to let the proper brain do the picking.

AMEN, Brother!
    If you can agree on,
    1) the money
    2)religion
    3)how to raise the kids
    4) how far you have to live from your in-laws,

you mostly can work out the other stuff.

It's a plus if she can add and subtract and doesn't abuse alcohol.
    Don't ask. Just trust me on that last bit.

Sorry about your luck TD. Glad you got your arms back. Hug your kids. It's good for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AMEN, Brother!
    If you can agree on,
    1) the money
    2)religion
    3)how to raise the kids
    4) how far you have to live from your in-laws,

you mostly can work out the other stuff.

It's a plus if she can add and subtract and doesn't abuse alcohol.
    Don't ask. Just trust me on that last bit.

Sorry about your luck TD. Glad you got your arms back. Hug your kids. It's good for you.

It took us probably 6 years to get all the things you listed ironed out and I will admit it was mainly me. After getting my tail clipped 2 times I was not that easy to get along with.
    There will always be hurdles. Pot holes here and there.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We struggle with that...she wants to be close to her family in Greene county, I don't want to move to Greene county at all

Sometimes it is a compromise. How many hours from your house to Greene county?

More than 2 and it might be ok to be a little closer. My first MIL lived in Front Royal, VA and 12 hours away for her and her other progeny were just about right. it just depends.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sometimes it is a compromise. How many hours from your house to Greene county?

More than 2 and it might be ok to be a little closer. My first MIL lived in Front Royal, VA and 12 hours away for her and her other progeny were just about right. it just depends.

I actually preferred being around the spouses people over mine. Most of mine are gone now.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    My family is 2 hours away, which is close enough for frequent visits. Most of my wife's family is about 30 minutes away. Her parents are in Arizona, which is not quite far enough away after all the **** they have done to us. Marriage is tough. I'd like to think that every obstacle has a solution to make it work, but the fact is that it doesn't always work itself out - especially if BOTH parties aren't willing to do what it takes. Unfortunately, your EX will always be in your life since you have kids together. Just do what you can to be involved in your kids lives, and be a dad to them.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have visitation.... 2 years later it's still in court..... $30,000 later....

could have hired a hitman for less than that!

glad things are turning around!, my divorce wasn't that bad, I lost 1/2 of the house(I had to buy her out), but kept the kids!, my car, all my guns and every penny of my 401k!...and my new fiancé is heaven sent!

Top Bottom