• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    They have both passed on now. It's too quiet. Trying to get my wife to rest. Last night was very tough on her.

It was fun raiding them for Doctor Pepper and ice cream over the last few years.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours. You are good people. Read most of your posts on caring for them and you have gone above and beyond. Most people would have quit years ago.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Im sorry, you and your wife are amazing. I can only hope I have someone in my family to take care of me if live long enough or have an accident that leaves me in the shape I require 24/7 care. God bless you and your wife.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    My condolences to both of you, we had a similar situation with my wife's mother that ended about the time yours started. I have read most of your post and stories which brought back some good, and some sad memories.

The two of you stepped up when your wife parents needed you, keep in mind that they are both in a better place now. Prayers sent...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    So sorry to hear that and condolences to both you and your wife.

On another note, man you both must be Saints, and I mean that. It says a lot for a man to put up with what you have, many of people would have thrown their hands up, found alternatives and called it a done deal....out of sight out of mind. I understand people don't want to care for them after working a lifetime and are ready to retire, relax and enjoy life.......but man, I would give up everything to be able to care for my mom or dad or grand parents, if that were possible. A person don't realize what we have until it is gone. Love em while you can. You my friend will be rewarded for your compassion. Job well done. As family man said.....if I live to a ripe old age(which I doubt I have to worry about) I hope someone like you and your lovely wife are around for me.

Bless you both.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    They have both passed on now. It's too quiet. Trying to get my wife to rest. Last night was very tough on her.

It was fun raiding them for Doctor Pepper and ice cream over the last few years.

Prayers sent, to you and yours .....

If you need anything, just let us know .....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorry for your loss. It takes some getting used to, when both sets of parents on both sides are all gone.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I've silently followed along on the journey you've allowed us to join with you. All parents who've given their lives to their children should be rewarded by the type of loving care you and your wife have bestowed to your parents (in law or direct). Imagine the guilt the other family members might have to live with knowing they stood by and did nothing. I hope that your wife had a way to vent her frustrations or just a way to escape for just a bit like you did here on INGO. If not please let her know we all have/had her in our thoughts as you all went through this.

Time for a well deserved vacation once you two feel ready for it.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Like many here I have followed your posts about the in-laws. Everything I could say has already been said by others and so I will just say you and your wife are the best kind of people. Prayers up for you the family.

Top Bottom